- Assam govt to buy Bhupen Hazarika’s house
- Assam government has set itself on a mission mode to acquire an abandoned three-storey house located at Kolkata’s Golf Course Road from its present owner where the bard had lived and created his magic for about 40 decades.
- The objective is to preserve the house number 77B in Kolkata’s one of the busiest locations was from where the legendary Bhupen Hazarika came to be known to the world now stands frozen in time and uncared for. It was this house from where he gave the world most of his unforgettable and extraordinary creations.
- The legend had moved to this house in 1956, first as a tenant. He later bought the house in the 80’s. Sometimes in mid-90’s he shifted base to Mumbai never to return to the Golf Course Road house, which by then started to be identified as Bhupenda’s house. The abandoned house once was frequented by greats in the likes of Hemanta Mukherjee, Lata Mangeshkar and Manna Dey.
- Dr Hazarika’s house in Kolkata from where he created many of his master-pieces is also associated with the emotions of the people of Assam. Showing respect to the emotions of the people of Assam, the state government under the directions of the chief minister has taken initiative to claim the ownership of the house to make it a cultural centre.
- Brunei named most improved economy in the world
- Brunei Darussalam has been named the most improved economy in the world for the third year in a row in the World Bank’s Doing Business Report 2018.
- The report, which measures the efficiency and regulatory environment of domestic businesses of 190 economies, records Brunei jumping a significant 16 places to rank 56 worldwide.
- Shinzo Abe re-elected as Japanese PM
- Following snap polls, Japan’s Lower House of Parliament has re-elected Shinzo Abe of the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) as the Prime Minister.
- Abe’s party won the snap elections held on October 22.
- The 63-year-old leader, received 312 votes in favour, out of 465 in the House of Representatives.
- Abe, as leader of the LDP, has now been re-elected for a third consecutive term after he took office in December 2012.
· India and US Ocean Dialogue held in Goa
- The India-US Ocean Dialogue, hosted by the Indian Ministry of External Affairs, began at the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-National Institute of Oceanography (CSIR-NIO)in Goa.
- It is aimed at promoting sustainable development of the Blue Economy. Blue Economy is the sustainable use of ocean resources for economic growth, improved livelihoods and jobs, and ocean ecosystem health.
· Delhi to host 9th global green film festival
- The 9th edition of ‘CMS Vatavaran’, a global film festival on environment and wildlife, will begin on November 2, 2017 in New Delhi.
- The Theme of CMS Vatavaran is “Conservation 4 Water”.
- The event is supported and partnered by Ministry of Environment Forest and Climate Change, National Geographic, United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF).
· Central Government allocated Rs 109 crores to promote tourism projects in Puducherry
- Central Government earmarked Rs 109 croresto promote heritage and spiritual tourism projects under ‘Swadesh Darshan’ Scheme in Puducherry.
- The main focuses on integrated development of tourist circuits around specific themes.
· Maharashtra Government Adds 18m to Shivaji statue, to be World’s Tallest at 210m.
- The 210-metre-high statue of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharajreceived environmental clearance, making it the world’s tallest statue, once built. the Maharashtra government plans to build it in the sea off the Mumbai coast.
- The Maharashtra Coastal Zone Management Authority (MCZMA) approved the government’s application to increase the height from the earlier proposed 192 mmeters
- Currently, the Spring Temple Buddha statue, which stands at 208 metresin China, is the world’s tallest statue.
- Govt to promote Khichdi as ‘Brand India food’.
- Over 800 kg khichdi, a traditional Indian dish relished by both rich and poor, will be prepared live on November 4 at the World Food India event here in a bid to create world record and popularise it as brand India food globally.
- Khichdi has been selected as Brand India Food because it symbolises the country’s unity in diversity.
- A giant ‘kadhai’ (frying pan) of the capacity of 1,000 litres and 7 feet in diameter will be used for slow steam-cooking of more than 800 kg khichdi.
· Maximum Age of Joining NPS Increased from 60 to 65 years: Finance Ministry
- The Ministry of Finance increased the maximum age of joining the National Pension System (NPS)from the existing 60 years to 65 years under NPS – Private Sector (i.e. all citizen and corporate model).
- In accordance with several initiatives undertaken by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) during the last few years, now any Indian citizen, resident or non-resident, between the age of 60 – 65 years, can join NPS and continue up to the age of 70 years.
· Ajay Bisaria Named India’s Next High Commissioner to Pakistan
- India appointed Ajay Bisariaas the next high commissioner to Pakistan.
- He is currently ambassador to Poland.
- Bisaria takes over from Gautam Bambawale, who was last month appointed India’s ambassador to China.
- Bisaria was in charge of the Eurasia desk that looks after India’s ties with Russia and the Central Asian republics, prior to his appointment as India’s ambassador to Poland.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022