- India and World Bank Signed $200 Million Loan Agreement for Assam
- The Government of India and the World Bank signed a $200 million LoanAgreement for the Assam Agribusiness and Rural Transformation Project.
- The Project will support Assam to facilitate agri-business investments, increase agricultural productivity and market access.
- The Project will be implemented in over 16 Districts of Assam. Over 500,000 farming households will directly benefit from the Project.
- The $200 million loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a 7-year grace period, and a maturity of 16.5 years.
· India Makes it to Top 100 in ‘ease of doing business World Bank
- India broke into the top 100 in the World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business rankings, notching up the biggest improvement among all countries on the back of big gains on a number of measures.
- The rise to the 100th position from 130 last year made India one of the top 10 best-improved countries and rounded off a day of good news on the economic front for the government.
- The World Bank’s ‘Doing Business 2018is Reforming to Create Jobs’ report ranks 190 countries on the basis of a combined score on 10 parameters.
- India is the only large country this year to have achieved such a significant shift.
- India tops list of new tuberculosis cases in 2016: WHO
- India topped the list of seven countries, accounting for 64 per cent of the 10.4 million new tuberculosis (TB) cases worldwide in 2016, according to a new report by the World Health Organisation.
- India was followed by Indonesia, China, Philippines, Pakistan, Nigeria and South Africa, according to a Global TB Report 2017 released by the WHO.
- An estimated 1.7 million people died from TB in 2016, including nearly 400,000 people who were co-infected with HIV, recording a drop by 4 per cent as compared to 2015, the report said.
· Bhutan King to Arrive in India for Four-Day Visit
- King of Bhutan, Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck has arrived in New Delhi on a four-day visit to India.
- He was accompanied by his wife, Queen Gyaltsuen Jetsun Pema Wangchuck.
- During the visit, the King will meet with President Ram Nath Kovind and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
· IAF contingent leaves for Israel to Participate in ‘Ex Blue Flag-17’
- A 45 member contingent of the Indian Air Force left for Israel today to participate in exercise ‘Blue Flag-17’.
- Blue Flag is a bi-annual multilateral exercise which aims to strengthen military cooperation amongst participating nations.
- Indian Air Force is participating with the C-130J special operations aircraft along with Garud commandos.
- The exercise is being conducted at Uvda Air Force Base in Israel from 02-16 Nov 17.
· Haryana Government Announces Lifetime Pensions for ‘Hindi Satyagrahis’
- The state government of Haryana has announced lifetime monthly pension of Rs 10,000 for ‘Hindi Satyagrahis’ and those from the state who were jailed during the Emergency.
- The state government also announced that it would be providing enhanced financial assistance to World War-II veterans and their widows.
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu was the Chief Guest for the occasion.
· Vikram Singh Appointed Private Secretary to President
- Railway officer Vikram Singhwas appointed Private Secretary to President Ram Nath Kovind. Singh is a 1997 batch officer of the Indian Railway Traffic Service.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment to the post for a period of two years.
- IAS officer P C Meena was appointed Private Secretary to Minister of State for Commerce and Industry C R Chaudhary.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry