- New initiatives to boost agriculture output
- As many as 100 local farmers have been engaged in the ongoing Seed Village project initiated by Allied Crop Care Pvt. Ltd of Assam at Merapani Chowdang Pathar Gaon in Golaghat district of Upper Assam.
- The company, which is engaged in developing modern seeds in Assam in collaboration with the North East Space Application Centre, Borapani, Shillong, will use drone sensor in this seed village to monitor the seed cultivation which is said to be first- of- its-kind in the agricultural sector of the state.
- At present about 2,000 bighas have been chosen for cultivation with quality seeds.
- According to the project, the latest hybrid seed of paddy ‘Ranjit Sub-1’ collected by the company from the Assam Agricultural University (AAU), Jorhat, will be supplied to the farmers.
· International Army Games 2018 will be conducted from July 28 to August 11
- The Army games are organised annually by Russia and this year 28 competitions will be held in seven countriesincluding Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China, Iran, Kazakhstan and Russia. This year the Games will bring together 181 teams from 32 countries.
- Military servicemen from Algeria, Vietnam, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan and the Philippines will demonstrate their skill for the first time.
- The Indian Army will be participating in two team competitions – the Tank Biathlonand Elbrus Ring – being held in Russia.
- Facebook To Launch Its Own Internet Satellite In 2019
- As part of its plan to connect billions of people who are still offline, Facebook is working on launching Athena, its own Internet satellite, early in 2019.
- Facebook appears to have filed with the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under the name Point View Tech LLC.
· Union Health Minister addressed at 8th BRICS Health Ministers Meeting
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, J P Nadda addressed at the ‘8th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting, held at Durban, South Africa, and stated that India will strongly support for Ending Tuberculosis (TB) and is committed to eradicate the disease by 2025.
- He also highlighted an ambitious programme called ‘Ayushman Bharat‘ i.e. Long Live India, which was launched by PM Narendra Modi and will provide coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
· India topped the list of skilled visa immigrants in Australia
- On the skilled visa, India with 2,34,395 individuals (19 per cent) bagged the top rank, followed by England and China at 160,558 (13 per cent) and 146,842 (12 per cent) people, respectively.
- According to a data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), 1,54,012 Indians have acquired Australian citizenship.
- Under the family visa programme, China with 95,532 immigrants (14 per cent) ranked first, followed by UK at 60,108 (8.8 per cent) and India at 56,406 (8.3 per cent).
- Centre Govt Starts the most advanced System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting
- Science& Technology, Earth Sciences; Environment, Forest & Climate Change Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan unveiled a state-of-the-art Air Quality and Weather Forecast System– SAFAR (System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting)at Chandni Chowk in Delhi.
- The system, first of its kind in the country, was developed indigenously in record time by Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune and operationalized by India Meteorological Department (IMD).
· Ministry of Human Resource Development announced ‘Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat’ scheme
- The initiative has been launched under ‘Samagra Shiksha‘. Under this initiative, government will give an annual library grant to schools to promote reading culture.
- The grant will be given to Primary to Senior Secondary levels and will vary between Rs. 5,000 and Rs. 20,000.
· Kerala has emerged as the best governed state in India says PAI
- According to the Public Affairs Index(PAI) 2018 released by the Public Affairs Centre (PAC) , Kerala stands as the best-governed state in the country. Tamil Nadu secured second place followed by Telangana, Karnataka and Gujarat.
- The ranking is based on factors such as the quality of governance employed 10 themes, 30 focus subjects and 100 indicatorsincluding essential infrastructure, which comprises power, water, roads and communication and housing. PAC has added another feature, Children of India, for the upcoming year, It covers the themes of early education development, protection, adolescence, institutional structure and governance.
- PAC is a not-for-profit research think tank situated in Bengaluru, Karnataka. It works at improving the quality of governance in India. Public Affairs Centre works under four different research groups, (a) Public Policy Research Group (b) Environmental Governance Group (c) Citizen Action Support Group (d) Participatory Governance Research Group.
· Rajya Sabha passed the State Banks Repeal and Amendment Bill 2017
- Parliament has approved the bill to merge six subsidiary banks with the State Bank of India (SBI). The bill repeals the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959, and State Bank of Hyderabad Act, 1956 besides amending the State Bank of India (SBI) Act, 1955.
- The State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore were constituted under the State Bank of India (Subsidiary Banks) Act, 1959.
- The Bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitleyon July 21, 2017, and has been passed by the lower house (Lok Sabha).
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry