- Assam ranked fifth in highest number of cyber-crimes
- Uttar Pradeshstands on top of recording highest number of cyber crimes in India followed by Maharashtra.
- While Assam stands on the fifth position, as per latest data from the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB),a total of 696 cybercrime cases were reported during 2016 in Assam, which is an increase of over 44 percent compared to the previous year. In 2015, there were 483 such cases in the State.
- All the 696 cases reported in Assam during 2016, 156 had illegal gain as the motive, 329 were on account of emotional motives like revenge, three were committed with an intention to outrage the modesty of women, 59 were attributed to extortion and blackmailing, 41 were committed with the motive of sexual exploitation, 35 were intended for causing disrepute, five were committed with intention to incite hate crimes against some particular community, One was a prank, 10 had political motives, and 57 for other reasons.
- Nationally, a total of 12,317 cases of cybercrimes were reported in 2016 compared to 11,592 in 2015, which is an increase of over six per cent.
· Google on United States best workplaces list for 10 consecutive years
- Technology giant Google has ranked 5thon the list of ‘100 best companies to work for in the US in 2018’, marking its 10th consecutive appearanceon the annual list.
- Apple and management consulting firm Bain & Company also featured on the list for the 10th consecutive year.
· UN Women and Facebook Inaugurates ‘We The Women’ Event in Mumbai
- UN Women in collaboration with Facebook inaugurated a two-day event in Mumbai titled ‘We The Women’ to empower and recognise the magnificent contribution of women in our society.
- The event witnessed speakers from different walks of life including Textile and I&B Minister, Smriti Irani, Sakshi Malik, Mithali Raj, Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar and others.
- International Human Rights Day: 10 December
- Human Rights Day is celebrated annually across the world on 10 December every year.
- The date was chosen to honour the United Nations General Assembly’s adoption and proclamation, on 10 December 1948, of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
- This year’s theme is “Let’s stand up for equality, justice and human dignity”.
· China Starts World’s Biggest Floating Solar Project
- A unit of China Three Gorges Corp. is building a 1 billion yuan ($151 million) floating solar power plant, the world’s biggest, in the nation’s eastern province of Anhui. China Three Gorges New Energy Company started building the 150-megawatt project in July and part of the plant was connected to the grid.
- The project features panels fixed to floats on the surface of a lake that formed after a coal mine collapsed, according to the unit. The entire facility is expected to come online by May 2018.
- India declared free from Trachoma, a bacterial infection of eye
- India has been declared free from infective Trachoma which is a contagious bacterial infection of the eye.
- It causes inflamed granulation on the inner surface of the lids.
- Releasing the National Trachoma Survey Report (2014-17) in New Delhi, Health Minister J P Nadda made an announcement in this regard and termed it as a momentous achievement.
· Central Government will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities
- Centre will soon issue universal ID cards to persons with disabilities which will be valid throughout India, Union minister Krishan Pal Gurjar announced.
- At present, an identity card issued by a state is not considered valid in another state, which causes inconvenience to people with disabilities in availing benefits of various government schemes and reservation.
· Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Mane became the first Indian shooters qualified for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games
- Mehuli Ghosh and Tushar Manebecame the first Indian shooters to secure the women’s and men’s quota places for the 2018 Youth Olympic Games (YOG) by winning a gold and bronze each at the 10th Asian Championship 10M Rifle/Pistol at Wako City, Japan.
· Ministry of External Affairs Celebrates the Flavours of India on Twitter
- Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) has, through the official Twitter handle of India’s Public Diplomacy, shared pictures of traditional ‘thalis’ from all the 29 states of India.
- The campaign went on for a week to share “the healthy and sumptuous food thalis”.
- The aim was to celebrate the unique flavour of every Indian state.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry