- Assam records marginal dip in infant mortality rate
- The state, which is struggling to bring down its high infant mortality rate, has recorded a decline by three points from 47 per 1,000 live births in 2015 to 44 per 1,000 live births in 2016. However, it continues to remain among the bottom five.
- According to the just-released SRS bulletin for 2016, India has registered a significant decline in IMR by three points (8% decline) from 37 per 1,000 live births in 2015 to 34 in 2016. Madhya Pradesh is at the bottom with 47 per 1,000 live births followed by Assam and Odisha, both with 44 per 1,000 live births. Uttar Pradesh is at fourth last spot (43) below Rajasthan (41).
- The state’s birth rate has also come down from 22 in 2015 to 21.7 in 2016. The country as a whole also recorded a major drop in birth cohort, which has, for the first time, come down to below 25 million. According to the SRS bulletin, the gender gap in India for child survival is reducing steadily.
- The gender difference between male and female IMR has now reduced to <10%, giving a major boost to the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao’ scheme of the government. According to the bulletin, all states, except Uttarakhand, have reported decline in IMR in comparison to 2015. The decline is reported as four points in Bihar, 3 points in Assam, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand and two points in Chhattisgarh, Odisha and Rajasthan.
- UN ends 13-year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti
- The UN soldiers left Haiti finishing their 13 year military peacekeeping mission in Haiti.
- A UN peacekeeping mission helped to maintain order in Haiti through 13 years of political turmoil and disaster.
- UN troops reached more than 10,000 in number after the January 2010 earthquake.
- The UN lowered its flag at its headquarters in Port-au-Prince.
- India to conduct the First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’
- The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) will be conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) as the lead agency from October 10-13, 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
- This Exercise will be a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
- The main focus of the BIMSTEC DMEx-2017 will be on testing the region’s preparedness and resilience towards effective activation of inter-Governmental interaction/dialogue/agreements for immediate deployment of regional resources for disaster response.
- 9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ opens in Mumbai
- The 3-day international exhibition -9th Annual ‘World Dental Show 2017’ has opened Bandra-Kurla Complex in Mumbai.
- It is an integral part of Asia’s biggest dental event.
- The exhibition was hosted by the Indian Dental Association (IDA).
- It is showcasing the evolving global technologies and techniques in dentistry.
· PM Narendra Modi inaugurate highway projects worth Rs.5,925 crore in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurate development projects worth ₹5,925 crore during his two-day visit to poll-bound Gujarat.
- He laid the foundation for construction of Rs 962 crore Cable Stayed Signature Bridge between Beyt Dwarka and Okha on NH-51, Gujarat.
- He lay the foundation stone for a greenfield airportlocated near Rajkot and inaugurate a fully automatic milk processing and packaging plant in Surendranagar.
- He will also lay the foundation stone for widening of Ahmedabad-Rajkot section of NH-47to six lanes.
· Indias first Marine Police Training Institute to be set up at Dev Bhoomi Dwarka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the setting up of India’s first marine police training institute at Gujarat‘s Devbhumi Dwarka district.
- This announcement was given at the foundation stone-laying ceremony of a bridge between Okha and Beyt Dwarka, during PM Narendra Modi’s two day visit to Gujarat.
- Bengaluru Metro gets Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase II has received Rs. 3,800 crore from European Investment Bank.
- The project will be jointly financed by European Investment Bank and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank, which will give over Rs. 3,800 crore (EUR 500 million) and Rs. 2,300 crore (EUR 300 million) respectively.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022