- Centre sets up high-level committee for water management in northeast
- The government has constituted a high-level committee for proper management of water resources in the northeastern states, an official statement said.
- The committee will be led by Niti Aayog vice-chairman Rajiv Kumar. It would facilitate optimising benefits of appropriate water management in the form of hydro-electric power, agriculture, bio-diversity conservation, reduced flood damage erosion, inland water transport, forestry, fishery and eco-tourism.
- It is also tasked with spelling out actionable steps for optimising water resources in the north east and chalking out an action plan for dovetailing of the schemes of Union ministries concerned.
- The Brahmaputra and Barak river systems which account for one-third of India’s run off, are highly prone to floods. Brahmaputra is one of the largest river systems in the world and causes considerable distress and costs on the region through frequent flooding and erosion.
· India and European Union 14th summit, Three key pacts inked; both sides agree to strengthen trade and security ties
- India and the European Union agreed to strengthen ties in key areas of trade and security after their 14th summit, which was held on 6th October, 2017. The two sides also inked three pacts, including one on an international solar alliance. India and the EU have been strategic partners since 2004. Important Persons: President of the European Council – Mr. Donald Franciszek Tusk President of the European Commission – Mr. Jean-Claude Juncker.
· PAN, Aadhaar card not mandatory for jewellery purchase above Rs 50,000
- The Finance Ministry announced that PAN (Permanent Account Number) card and Aadhaar carddetails will not be mandatory for jewellery purchases above 50,000.
- Any entity dealing in gems, jewellery that has a turnover of Rs. 2 crore or more in a financial year will not be covered under PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002)
- This decision was taken at the 22nd GST Council meeting.
- President to Inaugurate India Water Week 2017
- President Shri Ram Nath Kovind will inaugurate India Water Week – 2017 on October 10, 2017 in New Delhi in the presence of Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Nitin Gadkari and Union Ministers of State for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Shri Arjun Ram Meghwal and Shri Dr. Satya Pal Singh.
- About 1500 delegates from India and 13 other countries will attend the five day international event. The theme of India Water Week – 2017 is “Water and Energy for Inclusive Growth”.
- The 5th edition of India Water Week (IWW) will be celebrated with a multi disciplinary conference and a concurrently running exhibition enriching the theme and showcasing the technologies and solutions available for the areas under deliberation of the meet.
- Three-day Global Medical Conference Begins In Chandigarh
- A three-day international conference, aimed at engaging industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs, began at CSIR-Institute of Microbial Technology (IMTECH) in Chandigarh.
- CSIR-IMTECH is a premier microbial institute under the aegis of the Union Ministry of Science and Technology.
- The aim of the conference ‘IMTechCon 2017’ is to engage industry and academic leaders to discuss current unmet medical needs globally.
- First Edition of the ASEAN India Music Festival held in New Delhi
- Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India in collaboration with Ministry of Culture and Seher presents the first ever ASEAN-India Music Festival from October 6th-8th 2017 at Purana Quila in New Delhi.
- The Festival is being organised to celebrate the 25th year anniversary of ASEAN-India Dialogue Relations.
- The theme for this commemorative year “Shared Values, Common Destiny” along with this Music Festival aims to boost cultural influences among the peoples of the ASEAN member states and India.
- ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav-2017’
- The “Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav (RSM)-2017” will be held from 7th to 9th October, 2017 in India’s 1st World Heritage City i.e Ahmadabad, Gujarat.
- So far, this Ministry has organised 5 RSM’s i.e 2 in Delhi, 1 each in Varanasi, Bengaluru and RSM North East in all NE State capitals.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022