- Kaziranga National Park to open for tourists from October 2
- Kaziranga National Park in Assam, home to one-horn Indian rhinos, will reopen for tourists on October 2 next after it was closed in May this year.
- The internationally-acclaimed, UNESCO-declared world heritage site will reopen at 5am at Mihimukh under Kohora Range of the Park in presence of Assam Forest Minister.
- Kaziranga famous for the endangered one-horn Great Indian Rhinoceros, tiger, deer among several other species of wildlife remains closed annually between May to September during the floods that overrun the Park forcing the animals there to migrate to the hills across for succour.
· Saudi Arabia lifts ban on Internet Calling Apps like WhatsApp and Skype
- Saudi Arabia government introduced the ban of internet phone calls – known as Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) in 2013.
- Saudi Arabia’s new crown prince,Mohammed bin Salman lifted theban on voice calls on Skype, Whatsapp and other applications to make Saudi Arabia more attractive for business.
· Nigerian Zannah Mustapha wins UN High Commission for Refugees 2017 Award
- For Educating Boko Haram Victims, a Nigerian, Mr Zannah Mustapha, the Director, Future Prowess Islamic Foundation School, has won the UN High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR)2017 Nansen Refugees Award.
- Mr Mustapha will be presented with his award at ceremony in the Swiss city of Geneva on 2 October.
· International Day of Peace -21st September
- Each year the International Day of Peace is observed around the world on 21 September. This day was established in 1981 by unanimousUnited Nations(UN) resolution.
- Theme for 2017 is “Together for Peace: Respect, Safety and Dignity for All.”
· China launches fastest bullet train in the World, running between Beijing and Shanghai
- China launches the world’s fastest bullet train ‘Fuxing’ between Beijing and Shanghai at 350 kms per hour, covering the 1,250-km-long distance in just 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- China has the world’s longest high-speed rail network of over 22,000 kilometres, about 60% per cent of the world’s total.
· Qatar Airways becomes the World’s First Airline to launch Double beds in Business Class
- Qatar Airways has put double beds in the business class sections of aeroplanes from London to Doha in Qatar.
- Such cabins, called Qsuites will be rolled out next in flights from Paris and New York.
· Liliane Bettencourt, Richest Woman in the World Dies at 94
- French businesswoman and heiress of cosmetics giant L’OrealLiliane Bettencourt, 94, has died.
In March 2017, Forbes ranked Bettencourt the world’s richest woman, putting her net worth at $39.5 billion.
· Rs. 5 lakh annual scholarship for Athletes under revamped Khelo India programme
- The Narendra Modi government will invest Rs 1,756 crorefor a period of three years for the revamping of ‘Khelo India’ scheme, which has been taken with twin goals: Sports For All and Sports For Excellence.
- Each athlete selected under this scheme will receive an annual scholarship worth Rs 5 lakh for 8 consecutive years.
- Some features of this programme:
A pan India scholarship which will sponsor at least 1000 athletes across India.
2. It will cover around 200 million children in the age group of 10-18 under a massive national physical fitness drive.
· Indias First indigenously built Scorpene submarine INS Kalvari delivered to Navy
- The first of the Scorpene class submarines,INS Kalvari, was delivered to the Indian Navy by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL).
- Kalvari is named after the dreaded Tiger Shark, a deadly deep sea predator of the Indian Ocean.
- Similarly, other Scorpene class submarines Khanderi and Karanj are undergoing trials and development.
· Kuldeep Yadav becomes First Indian spinner to take hat trick in ODIs
- Chinaman bowler Kuldeep Yadav (22-year-old from Kanpur) became the first Indian spinner to take a hat-trick in ODI cricket during the second match of the ongoing series against Australiaat Eden Gardens, Kolkata.
- Yadav took the wickets of Matthew Wade, Ashton Agar and Pat Cummins in consecutive balls in his eighth over. This was the first ODI hat-trick by an Indian in over 26 years.
- He becomes the third Indian to achieve this feat, after Kapil Dev and Chetan Sharma.
- Yadav had also become the first Indian to take a hat-trick in the U-19 World Cup, achieving the feat against Scotland in 2014.
· Bollywood film Newton chosen as Indias official entry to Oscars 2018
- The Rajkummar Rao starrer black comedy bollywood film ‘Newton’ has been selected as India’s official entry in the Best Foreign Language Film categoryat Oscars 2018.
- Directed byAmit V Masurkar.
- The Film Federation Of India (FFI) confirmed this nomination
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022