- Singapore government’s skill centre for northeast to come up in Guwahati
- The ministry of the department of north eastern region (DoNER) announced that the skill centre for the northeast to be set up by the Singapore government will be at Guwahati. The state government had signed a MoU with ITE Education Services of Singapore in January.
- According to the MoU signed between the Assam Skill Development Mission and the Singapore govermment, the skill centre will focus on beauty and wellness, retail services, hospitality operations and food and beverage services to replicate the skilling model of of ITE, Singapore, in Assam. The state government also aims to introduce the skilling model of development schools of South Korea for automobile, Japan for electronics and Taiwan for floriculture.
- Taken up by the skill, employment and entrepreneurship department, the mission aims to create livelihood avenues and increase the income of the states’ youth.
- Japan releases postage stamps on Indian yoga experts
- Acknowledging the role played by yoga legend Bishnu Charan Ghosh and his family members in spreading Indian postural yoga in Japan, the Japanese postal department has released postage stamps on four of Bengal’s famous exponents of the ancient Indian practice.
- The stamps on Bishnu Charan Ghosh, his son Biswanath Ghosh, daughter Karuna Ghosh and Karuna’s father in law Asutosh Ghosh, that were released recently in Japan, were official showcased here by the Japanese Consul General in Kolkata, Masayuki Taga.
- India ranks third among countries that faced most natural disasters
- India ranked third among the countries that have faced the most natural disasters in the last half century, UN secretary-general Antonio Guterres said pleading for unwavering international action on climate change.
- The United States, followed by China, India, the Philippines and Indonesia, have experienced the most disasters since 1995.
- Climate change was among the seven global threats that he listed needing immediate global action.
- India to conduct the First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ from October 10-13
- The First ‘BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise- 2017’ (BIMSTEC DMEx-2017) are conducted by the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)as the lead agency from October 10-13, 2017 in Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR).
- It is a platform for sharing Best Practices on all aspects of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), strengthening regional response and coordination for Disaster Management among the BIMSTEC member countries.
- BCCI nominates MS Dhoni for Padma Bhushan award
- The Indian cricket board nominated Mahendra Singh Dhoni for the country’s third highest civilian award the Padma Bhushan for his contribution to the game.
- Two World titles (2011 50-over World Cup and 2007 World T20), nearly 10,000 runs, 90 Test matches.
- Zero Hunger Programme to be launched in October
- India’s ambitious Zero Hunger Programme through interventions in farm sector will be launched on occasion of World Food Day(October 16) with focus on agriculture, nutrition and health in a symbiotic manner. The Programme will be initiated by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The programme consists of organisations of a farming system for nutrition, setting up genetic gardens for biofortified plants and initiation of‘Zero Hunger
- The program will be launched in three districts namely Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh), Koraput (Odisha) and Thane (Maharashtra).
- Tripura is the First State to Set Up Family Welfare Committees
- Tripura becomes the first state in the country to set up family welfare district committees to examine the complaints of women against their husbands and in-laws and find an amicable solution.
- Tripura High Court is the first high court among 24 high courts of the country that has constituted the family welfare district committees.
- The new system would be valid for the next six months and after that National Legal Services Authority (NLSA) would submit a report of its performance to the apex court, on the basis of which a new course of action would be decided.
- Union Government to launch mobile app for retiring govt staff
- Union Government will launch amobile applicationfor central government employees to help them to monitor the progress of their pension settlement cases.
- Retired employees will also be able to assess their superannuation funds and record complaints through the pension calculator.
- Minister of State for Public Grievances and Pensions Dr. Jitendra Singh will launch the app in New Delhi.
- He will also inaugurate the first Pension Adalat.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022