Horticulture is the branch of agriculture concerned with intensively cultured plants directly used by man for food , for medicinal purpose or for aesthetic gratification.Horticulture is the science and art involved in the cultivation, propagation, processing and marketing of ornamental plants, flowers, turf, vegetables, fruits, and nuts.
The following are the benefits attached with the horticulture:
- The demand for horticulture products is on rise. This will ensure assured income for the farmers.
- Export value is high for the horticulture products as compared to others.
- Return on investment is high and profit margin is also high.
- The chances for value addition in the form of agro-processing industry is huge. Horticulture in itself has huge potential and can affect the downstream industries.
- Horticulture is mainly dominated by woman labour and hence empowering of horticulture will empower women.
GOI has taken several measures to provide platform for the growth of Horticulture. Mission for integrated development of Horticulture, National Horticulture mission, Project chaman and operation greens are some of these initiatives. Successful implementation will help in the growth of farmer’s income.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry