Notification on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of developmental projects 1994 under the provisions of Environment (Protection) Act, 1986 making EIA mandatory for 29 categories of developmental projects. One more item was added to the list in January, 2000. environmental impact assessment statutory for 30 activities
Environment Impact Assessment Notification of 2006 has categorized the developmental projects in two categories, i.e., Category A and Category B
‘Category A’ projects are appraised at national level by expert appraisal committee
India has constituted the State Level Environment Impact Assessment Authority (SEIAA) and State Level Expert Appraisal Committee (SEAC) to decentralize the environmental clearance process
The objective of EIA is to foresee and address potential environmental problems/ concerns at an early stage of project planning and design.
The EIA notification establishes four stages for obtaining Environmental Clearance.
- Scoping and consideration of alternatives Baseline data collection
- Impact prediction
- Assessment of alternatives, delineation of mitigation measures and environmental impact statement
- Public hearing
- Environment Management Plan Decision making
- Monitoring the clearance conditions
Screening- It is only for Categories B
Screening Criteria are based upon:
- Scales of investment; • Type of development; and, • Location of development
B1 Categories project require Environmental Impact Assessment while B2 category projects are exempted from EIA.
State Level Expert Appraisal Committee determine about project categoriesAPSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry