AFSPA extended in Assam till August
Assam government notified the entire state as a ‘disturbed area’ and extended the Armed Forces (Special Powers) Act, 1958 (AFSPA) for six more months from February 28.
The earlier six-month term of the “Disturbed Area” status and enforcement of AFSPA in the state since August 28 last year expired on February 28.
The act empowers security forces to conduct operations anywhere and arrest anyone without any prior warrant. It also gives a certain level of immunity to the security forces in case of an operation going wrong.
The act was first imposed in Assam in 1990, by ministry of home affairs when the state had witnessed large scale violence by ULFA. In 2017 centre transferred its power to the state government to decide on further extension of the imposition of the act in the state.
Northeast oil output to rise by 67% in 4 years: Hardeep Puri
Union petroleum minister Hardeep Singh Puri said the petroleum sector will play a crucial role in the region’s industrial growth. He said oil production from the northeast is expected to increase by 67% from 4.11 MMT in 2020-21 to 6.85 MMT in the next four years.
Puri was speaking at the North-East Zonal Conference for PM GatiShakti (PMGS), organised by the ministry of petroleum and natural gas here on Monday. Puri added that the area under exploration in the region is going to double in the near future, with crude production expected to go up by 45% in four years and gas production by about 90% in the same period. He urged all the state government leaders to lend their support to this transformative mission by way of necessary project clearances and the cooperation of state agencies.
Puri said that PM GatiShakti is a remarkable initiative, as it aims to drive down logistics costs in India by streamlining and integrating infrastructure projects of various central and state governments. “PM Gati Shakti will ensure multimodal connectivity. For instance, fresh fruits grown in the northeast will swiftly cater to consumer markets and the Gulf,” said Puri.
Before the start of the conference, the dignitaries attended a webinar on the vision of GatiShakti and its convergence with the Union Budget 2022, which was addressed by the Prime Minister. He emphasised on the need of PM GatiShakti by emphasising the scale at which the government is undertaking infrastructure development.
Rise In Sea Level Report By US
According to an NOAA-led report, The united states will probably experience the maximum amount of water level rise by the year 2050 because it witnessed in the last hundred years.
- NOAA released the report in partnership with other federal agencies. The report is titled “Sea Level Rise Technical Report.”
- The report provides up-to-date water level rise projections for the US by decade for the next 100 years and beyond.
- It’s supported by a mixture of satellite observations and tide gauges.
- All the model ensembles from the Sixth Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on global climate change (IPCC).
- IPCC, an intergovernmental body under United Nations, is answerable for advancing knowledge on human-induced climate change.
- IPCC was launched in 1988 by World Meteorological Organization (WMO). It’s headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. It comprises 195 member states.
FSSAI Health Star Rating Part Of Packaged Food
Consumers will soon be ready to tell whether their food packaging is harmful or healthy and nutritious.
- According to the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), packaged food goods will soon display a ‘health star’ part of the new system.
- This system will be almost like the one that’s getting used by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency to assess the energy efficiency in electrical devices.
- The packaged foods will have several stars displayed on them to indicate whether the item is healthy or unhealthy.
- The number of fats, sugar and salt within the food item determines the rating.
- IIM Ahmedabad, regarding the methodology, conducted a study to display the health ratings of the food items.
- The display of star ratings was recommended during this study because it would be easier for the customer to know.
- It has been decided that the ratings will be placed ahead of the packets as studies show that this method is far more straightforward towards affecting the buyer’s selection.
Foreign Direct Policy In J&K
Jammu & Kashmir’s lieutenant governor Manoj Sinha has approved a Foreign direct investment (FDI) policy for the union territory with a Foreign stake of a minimum of 51 percent.
- L-G Manoj Sinha approved the Policy for Promotion of Foreign Investment within the Industrial Sector in J&K during the Administrative Council (AC) gathering.
- The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) guiding framework on FDI has supported this new policy.
- This policy is going to be effective for the subsequent ten years.
- The FDI policy in J&K aims for foreign investments worth quite Rs 100 crore with a minimum foreign stake of 51 percent.
Bhasha Certificate Selfie Campaign Launched By Education Ministry
The Ministry of Education has launched the Bhasha Certificate Selfie campaign.
- Its aims to promote multilingualism and inspire cultural diversity so on foster the Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat spirit.
- This initiative aims to market the BhashaSangam mobile app, which has been developed by MyGov India and, therefore, the Ministry of Education.
- People often learn 100+ daily use sentences in around 22 scheduled Indian languages using this app.
- This initiative ensures that the country’s people acquire basic conversational skills in several Indian languages.
- Seventy-five lakh people learning basic conversational skills are set as a target to realize the target of this initiative.
- Minister of Education and Skill Development Shri Dharmendra Pradhan had launched the BhashaSangam mobile app.
Immigration Visa Foreigners Registration Tracking Scheme Approved
The Government of India has approved the Immigration Visa Foreigners Registration Tracking (IVFRT) scheme’s continuation for 5 years till 31 March 31, 2026, with Rs 1,364.88 crore financial outlay.
- This scheme looks to optimize and interlink functions associated with visa issuance, immigration, registration of foreigners, and tracking their movements within the country.
- The scheme’s continuation demonstrates the government’s commitment to the IVFRT’s fundamental goal of upgrading and modernizing visa and immigration services.
- IVFRT features a global reach and aims to optimize and connect functions that are associated with visa issuance, immigration, foreigner registration, and movement tracking in India by involving 192 Indian missions around the world, 12 Foreigners Regional Registration Officers and offices, 108 Immigration Check Posts in India, and over 700 Foreigners Registration Officers, Deputy Commissioners of Police and Superintendents of Police across the country.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022