Assam CM announces construction of Lachit Samadhi, Alaboi war memorial
To mark the 400th birth anniversary celebrations of LachitBorphukan, Assam Chief Minister HimantaBiswaSarma has announced building a Lachit Samadhi this year along with the construction of a war memorial on the Alaboi war.
The CM made this announcement in the Cabinet meeting held on Sunday.
CM Sarma also announced that President Ram NathKovind will visit the State on a three-day visit from February 25 to 28. On February 25, the President of India will inaugurate the year-long celebration of 400th birth anniversary of LachitBorphukan at SrimantaSankardevKalakshetra in Guwahati.
Manipur Flag-hoisting Tradition
With elections in Manipur being scheduled from 27th February to 3rd March, the candidates are holding a unique flag hoisting ceremony in their constituencies before embarking on campaigning to the people of the state. This ritual is unique to Manipur, is practiced by people of all races, political parties, religions, and communities.
Generally, on an auspicious date, this ceremony is held in the courtyard of the respective candidate’s home. The event consists of a priest’s prayers, hoisting of the party flag by the candidate, and blessings from the elders of the community. The scale of the ceremony varies from one candidate to the other.
The AthenpotThinba is an important aspect of the flag-hoisting ceremony. The women carry various vegetables and fruits, traditional snacks, rice, and flowers and place them at the base of the flagpole of the party. Other gifts are also presented to the candidate to wish him or her good luck in the polls.
Thinba means to present or drop things, and Athenpot means an offering that contains a variety of objects such as flowers and food.
In religious practice, Athenpot is given to gods to appease them, while in elections it is presented to the candidates to show support.
The candidate can then converse with the audience or give a speech.
Putin Divided Ukraine into 3 countries
Russian President Putin has recognized the independence of separatist regions in eastern Ukraine – Donetsk and Luhansk.
- Russian President Putin has recognized the independence of separatist regions in eastern Ukraine – Donetsk and Luhansk.
- Putin’s announcement paved the way for Russia to openly send troops and weapons to the long-running conflict pitting Ukrainian forces against Moscow-backed rebels.
- Russian-backed rebels have been fighting Ukrainian troops in Donetsk and Luhansk since 2014, with regular violence despite a ceasefire agreement.
- Putin signed decrees recognizing the Donetsk and Luhansk regions’ independence, eight years after fighting erupted between Russia-backed separatists and Ukrainian forces, and called on lawmakers to approve measures paving the way for military support.
- Russia has acquired the proper to create military bases in Ukraine’s two breakaway regions under new agreements with their separatist leaders.
Blue Economy Roadmap Signed By India and France
India and France have inked a roadmap to reinforce their bilateral exchanges on the blue economy and ocean governance.
- India and France have inked a roadmap to reinforce their bilateral exchanges on the blue economy and ocean governance.
- Dr. S Jaishankar is on a three-day visit to France, from 20 February to 22, 2022, to attend EU Ministerial Forum for Cooperation within the Indo-Pacific scheduled for Washington’s Birthday.
- The agreement on ‘Roadmap on Blue Economy and Ocean Governance’ was signed between India’s External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaishankar and his French counterpart Jean-Yves Le Drian.
Milan’ Multilateral Naval Exercise
Milan’ is the name of the multilateral naval exercise which is hosted by the Indian Navy. This is a biennial exercise and features seminars, sports, social events, and professional exercises among the participating nations.
Along with the Indian Navy, the navies of Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and Sri Lanka had participated in the inaugural edition of this exercise.
All editions of Milan were held in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, under the Andaman and Nicobar Command.
The Navy, in 2020, announced that the next edition of Milan will be held at Visakhapatnam, under the Eastern Naval Command.
This exercise is held under various themes like anti-submarine warfare, and other areas.
Capacity building, training, marine domain awareness, technical assistance, hydrography, and operational exercises are among the areas of cooperation for the exercise.
Through professional engagement with friendly navies, the exercise aims to hone operational abilities, instill best practices and procedures, and enable learning in the maritime environment.
India’s First Cable-Stayed Rail Bridge in J&K
The Indian Railways has shared new images of the country’s first cable-stayed bridge on the Anjiriver in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district.
- The Indian Railways has shared new images of the country’s first cable-stayed bridge on the Anjiriver in Jammu and Kashmir’s Reasi district.
- The under-construction AnjiKhadbridge, a part of the Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla Rail Link (USBRL) project, will connect Katra and Reasi areas through rail links.
- The bridge will stand at 331 meters above the river bed – above the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
- The bridge’s total length is 473.25 meters, and 96 cables support it.
- The Udhampur-Srinagar-Baramulla rail link is one of the foremost challenging projects undertaken within the Indian subcontinent.
RUSA Scheme Continued By GoI
The Ministry of Education has approved the RashtriyaUchchatarShikshaAbhiyan (RUSA) scheme until 31 March 2026.
- The Ministry of Education has approved the continuation of the RashtriyaUchchatarShikshaAbhiyan (RUSA) scheme till 31 March 2026 with an expenditure of 12,929.16 crores.
- The new phase of the scheme would support around 1,600 projects. Out of Rs 12,929.16 crores of expenditure, the center will share Rs 8,120.97 crores, and therefore the state will share Rs 4,808.19 crores.
- The new phase of the scheme has been designed to implement a number of the recommendations of the New Education Policy (NEP).
- Under the new phase of the scheme, State Governments will support Gender inclusion, Equity Initiatives, Enhance employability through vocationalisation and skill upgradation.
- RashtriyaUchchatarShikshaAbhiyan was launched in 2013. it’s a Centrally.
- Sponsored Scheme to supply government universities and colleges funding.
- Its main objective is to enhance the standard of state institutions and ensure reform in affiliation, academic, and examination systems.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022