Student enrolment in non-pvt schools in Assam rises during pandemic
The total number of students in all government, aided and non-private schools across Assam has increased by over 63,000 during the 15-month period since September 2020, according to official data. The Education Department has recently collated the enrolment figures of all students from Classes I to XII and found that the total number has increased despite apprehensions of dropout due to the impact of the pandemic.
According to a datasheet, which is available with PTI, the grand total of students in government, aided, tea garden managed and venture (established by the people of a locality) schools have increased to 56,84,487 in November 2021 from 56,21,203 in September 2020. The figures showed an increase of 63,284 students, registering a growth of 1.13 per cent in total enrolments. Out of this, the highest rise has been witnessed in the elementary section, comprising Classes I to VIII, with 72,097 more enrolments in the 15-month period. There were 44,92,085 students in the elementary section of all the non-private schools of Assam in September 2020, which increased to 45,64,182 in November 2021.
Shillong Technology Park Was Inaugurated In Meghalaya
Meghalaya Chief Minister Shri Conrad Sangma recently opened the Shillong Technology Park.
- The primary goal is to re-integrate Meghalayans who have left the state to pursue work. In addition, the park will provide new job possibilities for the state’s youth.
- The park’s principal goal is to provide various job opportunities for the state’s children. They should not consider leaving the state in search of better chances.
- Meghalaya is currently constructing five-star hotels and other urban luxury facilities. The very first freight train arrived in the state lately. This will create the ideal environment for the IT sector’s growth.
- The park will support incubation centers. These centers will collaborate with both the government and the private sector.
- Companies from all across the country and companies from other countries have been invited to open their operations at the park by the state government.
- The park is built on a plug-and-play model. The state government is already implementing an ISP strategy to improve the state’s infrastructure.
- The park will be developed in the same way. Infrastructure, Services, and People are the three components of an ISP.
- To put it another way, set up the infrastructure. Provide the services that are requested. People must be empowered to reap the benefits.
- The Meghalaya State Government will fund the initial phase of construction. For the following phases, the park will use a public-private partnership model.
Benefits And Needs:
- Seventy percent of Meghalaya’s population is under the age of 35. The IT industry has a lot of potentials. In the state, there is a significant demographic dividend.
- This will make it easier to put young people’s abilities to work in the IT industry.
- According to the World Economic Forum, by 2025, half of the world’s workforce will require reskilling. This is primarily due to technological advancements.
- Furthermore, job automation and the pandemic are causing more economic shocks. The tech park will fill this chasm.
International Day Of Zero Tolerance To Female Genital Mutilation
On February 6th, the world commemorates the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Women.
- On February 6th, the world commemorates the International Day of Zero Tolerance for Women.
- The United Nations sponsors this day in recognition of their efforts to end female genital mutilation. It was initially released in the year 2003.
- The subject of this year’s International Day of Zero Tolerance for Women is Increasing Investment to End Female Genital Mutilation.
- Female genital mutilation (FGM) refers to any treatment that involves modifying or hurting the female genitalia for non-medical reasons, and it is widely recognized as a violation of girls and women’s human rights, health, and integrity.
Sea Trails Of 5th Scorpene Submarine ‘Vagir.’
The Indian Navy’s brand-new submarine, the fifth of six French-designed Scorpene-class submarines, has completed its first sea sortie and will now undergo extensive testing.
- The Indian Navy’s Kalvari class’s fifth submarine, Project 75, Yard 11879, began sea trials on 22 February.
- The submarine was launched in November 2020 from Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited’s KanhojiAngre Wet Basin (MDL).
- After commissioning, the submarine would be given the name Vagir.
- The Indian Navy’s brand-new submarine, “Vagir,” the fifth of six Scorpene-class submarines designed by the French.
- It completed its first sea sortie and will undergo extensive testing before being deployed to the Navy later this year.
ATLAS Funded By NASA
The NASA-funded Asteroid Terrestrial-impact Last Alert System (ATLAS) becomes the first survey to monitor the entire dark sky every 24 hours for near-Earth objects (NEOs).
- ATLAS is an asteroid detecting system that is cutting-edge. The University of Hawai’i (UH) Institute for Astronomy (IFA) manages it for NASA’s Planetary Defense Coordination Office (PDCO).
- With the installation of two more observatories in Chile and South Africa, ATLAS has expanded its coverage to the southern hemisphere. There are now four telescopes on the site.
- On Haleakala and Maunaloa in Hawai’i, it already possesses two northern-hemisphere telescopes.
- Double Asteroid Redirection Test is the world’s first full-scale mission to test a device that could protect Earth from asteroid collisions.
Sputnik Light COVID-19 Vaccine Permitted For Emergency Use
The Indian Drugs Controller General recently granted Sputnik light COVID-19 vaccine Emergency Use Permission.
- This had been recommended by the central drug authority’s expert panel. With this, the sputnik light becomes the country’s eighth COVID – 19 vaccination.
- Sputnik light is the same as Sputnik – V vaccination light. A proposal has been presented by Dr. Reddy’s laboratory to import and distribute Sputnik light in the country.
- The Sputnik lamp is now utilized in 29 different nations. Argentina and Russia are among them. According to Russian reports, the sputnik light’s efficiency is 65.4 percent.
ISRO Demonstrated Quantum Communication
Scientists from the Ahmedabad-based Space Applications Centre and Physical lab recently demonstrated Quantum Entanglement during a breakthrough towards satellite-based quantum communication.
Scientists conducted hack-proof communication between two places using real-time Quantum Key Distribution (QKD).
These places were separated by 300 meters.
Quantum Communication is one of the securest ways to attach two places with high quantum and code cryptography levels, which an external entity can’t decrypt or break.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022