ADB loan to set up univ at Mangaldoi
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a loan agreement with Assam Skill Development Mission for establishment of a university at Mangaldoi. The estimated cost of the project is US$140 million.
The state government has allotted 250 bighas of land and the construction work is expected to commence by early next year. The project is likely to be completed by 2027.
The loan agreement was signed between ADB’s country director Takeo Konishi and Assam Skill Development Mission director Adil Khan. State industry, commerce and skill development minister Chandra Mohan Patowary termed the event as a major achievement for creation of a pool of skilled manpower in Assam.
According to the detailed project report, nine schools have been proposed under the university that will cater to the needs of local entrepreneurs, startups, and micro, small and medium enterprises for technology, skill and businesses.
Northeast’s first tea museum to come up at Dibrugarh in 2023
The first tea museum in the northeast region will come up in the “Tea City of India“, Dibrugarh, and will be officially opened to public in early 2023, said Rituparna Baruah, Assam tourism development corporation limited (AITDC) chairman.
The proposal for constructing a tea museum in Dibrugarh was approved by the state tourism department in 2016 and work on the ambitious project began in early 2017. For the second phase of the project an amount of Rs 40 crore has been approved by the NEC on a priority basis, Baruah said.
In the second phase, an auditorium, model tea garden and tea factory will be constructed inside the museum complex, which is spread over 2.66 acres of land, Baruah said.
Time Magazines 2021 Athlete of the Year: Simone Biles
Simone Biles has been chosen Time magazine’s Athlete of the Year for the year 2021.
When she withdrew from four event finals at the Tokyo Olympics, the world’s most decorated gymnast, a four-time Olympic medalist, was praised for prioritizing her mental health.
Despite the setback, the 24-year-old took silver in the team all-around and bronze in the balance beam in the Tokyo Olympics.
Hundreds of athletes, including Biles, have accused the FBI, USA Gymnastics, and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee of failing to halt the abuse.
Legal Marriage Age for Women Raised in India
The Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to raise the minimum age of marriage for women from 18 to 21 years old.
- Men must be 21 years old to marry, while women must be 18 years old.
- To put the plan into reality, the government would look to change the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act, the Special Marriage Act, and the Hindu Marriage Act.
- India was working hard to reduce child marriages and improve the health of its women. According to the survey, as many as 27% of Indian girls marry before they turn 18.
UNESCO: Kolkatas Durga Puja as Intangible Cultural Heritage
Durga Puja in Kolkata has been added to UNESCO’s list of Intangible Cultural Heritage for 2021.
- This brings international recognition to the city’s 331-year-old Hindu festival and the state of West Bengal.
- Bengal’s ruling Trinamool Congress (TMC) applauded the UNESCO announcement since chief minister Mamata Banerjee is largely regarded as the festival’s most ardent supporter.
- The number of items on the list of India’s Intangible Cultural Heritage has climbed to 14 with the addition of Durga Puja.
PMKSY Implementation Approved by Cabinet For 2021- 2026
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs authorized the Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) for 2021-2026 on 15 December.
- Rs.93,068 crores were spent on the scheme, and CCEA authorized Rs. 37,454 crore in government funding for states.
- The debt servicing for a loan taken out by the Government of India to enhance irrigation during PMKSY 2016-21 has been sanctioned at Rs 20,434.56 crore.
- The Accelerated Irrigation Benefit Program (AIBP), Watershed Development, and Har Khet ko Paani (HKKP) components of the scheme have all been extended for 2021-2026.
Good Governance Week 2021
The Department of Administrative Reforms & Public Grievances (DARPG), under Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions is celebrating ‘Good Governance Week 2021’ on December 20-25.
- The Good Governance Week is being organised in collaboration with Ministry of External Affairs and Ministry of Panchayati Raj & Rural Development.
- It is being celebrated as a part of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- On the occasion, Good Governance Week Portal will be launched and a booklet on 2-year achievements of DARPG will be released.
- A film on “Prashasan Gaon Ki Aur” will also be screened.
The Good Governance Week is being organised with the objective of translating the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, for Next Generation Administrative Reforms during Amrit Kaal period in all the Districts and Tehsils across the country.
DRDO demonstrates controlled aerial delivery system
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) demonstrated the Controlled Aerial Delivery System.
Flight demonstration of Controlled Aerial Delivery System was demonstrated by Aerial Delivery Research and Development Establishment (ADRDE).
The System was of 500 kg capacity (CADS-500).
Demonstration of the flight was part of series of activities that were organised to celebrate ‘Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav’.
System performance was demonstrated at Drop Zone, Malpura from an altitude of 5000m.
This system was para-dropped from AN32 aircraft. After that, it was steered to the predesignated landing point in autonomous mode.
Eleven paratroopers of Indian Army and Indian Air Force chased the system in air and landed simultaneously.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022