26 private colleges of BTR to be made govt institutes in Assam
Assam chief minister HimantaBiswaSarma said 26 private colleges in Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) will be brought under the government control in the first phase of provincialisation.Sarma held a meeting with a delegation of All Bodo Students Union (ABSU) and Bodo Sahitya Sabha (BSS) regarding development of the educational sector in the BTR as per the Bodo Accord.
The Higher Education Department will check the status of the colleges, infrastructure, qualification of existing faculty, need for fresh recruitment and take appropriate action in this regard, it added.
Three New Districts Created in Nagaland
Nagaland has created a 3 new districts, Niuland, Tseminyu and Chumukedima.
- Tseminyu, Niuland, and Chumoukedima are the three new districts proclaimed by the Nagaland government.
- This comes less than a year after the state’s 12th district, Noklak, was established. Nagaland will now have 15 districts after the addition of the three new districts.
- Niuland and Chumukedima have been formed out of Dimapur district, while the Tseminyu sub-division in Kohima district has been promoted to a district.
- Despite requests for new districts from at least 11 tribes, the Cabinet could only consider three of them because some districts are home to only one tribe and cannot be separated.
India And Vietnam To Collaborate in Postal Sector
India and Vietnam signed a statement of intent for improved postal cooperation on 17 December.
- It was signed to recognize the two countries’ extensive strategic and economic connections.
- India-Vietnam relations have been extraordinarily amicable and cordial. Prime Minister Nehru and President Ho Chi Minh created the foundations for the relationship 50 years ago. Cultural and commercial ties between the two countries, on the other hand, extend back to the second century.
- Since 1992, bilateral ties have grown significantly in economics, agriculture, and industry.
- The relationship is not solely based on economic considerations; there has also been substantial development of bilateral military cooperation.
Strategic cooperation between Both the countries
- Mekong-Ganga Cooperation: Both the countries are members of Mekong–Ganga Cooperation. It was created with the aim of developing and enhancing close ties between India and Southeast Asian nations.
- Vietnam’s support to India’s permanent seat at UNSC– Vietnam has always supported India’s bid for permanent seat at United Nations Security Council (UNSC). It also supported India’s membership to Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
New-Gen Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile ‘Agni P’ Test Fired By India
A new generation Nuclear-Capable Ballistic Missile called Agni P was test-fired by DRDO.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam’s island off the coast of Odisha was the launch site for Agni P.
Several telemetries, electro-optical stations, radar, and downrange ships positioned along the eastern coast followed and monitored the missile’s trajectory and parameters.
Agni P followed a textbook trajectory and met the mission’s goals with great precision.
Agni P is a two-stage solid-propellant ballistic missile with a redundant navigation and guidance system.
It is the successor to the Agni-I and Agni-II missiles, created by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
Haiti’s freedom soup added to UNESCO Cultural Heritage List
The United Nations cultural agency, UNESCO placed a traditional Haitian soup called ‘Joumou Soup’ in the intangible cultural heritage list.
Haitian soup is widely considered as a symbol of India’s independence.
Joumou soup is much more than a dish. It tells the story of heroes & heroines of Haitian independence as well as their struggle for human rights and hard-won freedom.
It is a squash-based soup and it became a symbol of things long forbidden to slaves under the French domination until Haiti became independent on January 1, 1804.
Haitians celebrated their freedom by consuming the soup.
They traditionally serve the soup on New Year’s Day for commemorating the anniversary of liberation from slavery.
MIS portal for rankings of States & UTs in Land Acquisition Projects
Union Minister for Rural Development & Panchayati Raj, Giriraj Singh, launched MIS (Management Information System) portal to ranking of States/UTs in Land Acquisition Projects.
- With the launch of this portal, states/UTs will be ranked in Land Acquisition Projects under RFCTLARR Act, 2013, which is dubbed as “Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Act, 2013”.
- Based on the ranking and performance, the top 3 States and top 3 districts will be awarded.
Significance of the portal
MIS portal is being dubbed as a ‘Vikas Portal’. Portal will not only show data and figures but also the speed of development in India. It is a result of the vision of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to provide impetus to the Gati Shakti Mission.
Concerns over delayed implementation
Delayed implementation of the projects in India increases the project cost as well as disturb the pace of development. This portal will help in mitigating this concern. Because of ranking available to all the States, it will be easier to monitor the progress of developmental projects. This in turn will increase the speed of projects.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022