NRC rider in Assam plan to rehabilitate Darrang displaced
The Assam government on Wednesday told Gauhati high court during a hearing of a batch of PILs on the eviction drive carried out in Sipajhar in Assam’s Darrang district in September that the only those evicted families who have their names in the National Register of Citizenship (NRC) will be rehabilitated.
One condition is whether the families are truly landless and the other is if they are erosion-affected,” he said, adding that the petitioner will file a rejoinder raising objection to the condition of the inclusion of names in NRC for rehabilitation. The NRC, which is unique to Assam in the entire country, was first made in 1951, which was updated and published in 2019 but is yet to get the apporoval from the Supreme Court or the Registrar General of India.
He also said the state told the court that it would not take any coercive action against any person it seeks to evict, unless it is compelled to do so.
MoS Finance Karad urges banks to improve credit penetration in NE states
Minister of State for Finance Bhagwat Karad has asked lenders to improve banking access points and also increase credit penetration in north-eastern states. Karad, who is on a week-long tour to Assam, Tripura and Manipur, reviewed the performance of various flagship schemes of the government aimed at expediting development in the north-east. The minister advised banks through the State Level Bankers’ Committee (SLBC) to increase general awareness about the Public Sector Banks Doorstep Banking Service (PSB DBS) that can be registered by the customers
Under the scheme various services like pick-up services for cheques, drafts, pay orders and new cheque book, etc, can be availed at doorstep without visiting the branch. This facility launched earlier this year is currently limited to a few locations in the country. With regard to greater physical presence, SLBC members promised opening 56 new bank branches and 150 bank correspondence (BC) facilities in Assam by March 2022. Among these, 34 will be established by public sector banks while the remaining 22 by private banks. He attended Credit Outreach Program in these states and encouraged banks to give loans to required segments. To bolster financial inclusion, he asked banks to promote the PM Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) accounts for citizens that have recently attained majority. The minister advised them to promote safe credit practices with sound dissemination of financial knowledge.
UNDP Video on Climate Change
“Don’t Choose Extinction” a creative video was released by United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
♦ The UNDP emphasizes in the film that it is time to act, and it is time to act now, to address the climate issue.
♦ It is time to do whatever it takes to bring the urgency home and gain the world’s attention.
♦ The viral video depicts a dinosaur delivering a straightforward warning to world leaders and diplomats: “It’s now or never.”
♦ Save the human species before it’s too late and doesn’t choose extinction.”
The UNDP published the creative film as the centerpiece of the ‘Don’t Choose Extinction’ campaign.
♦ A dinosaur named Frankie makes a grand entrance, takes the dais, and gets right to the point in the video.
♦ It emphasizes a vital message: government-backed fossil fuel subsidies must be reduced in order to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and rescue the planet.
Bill To Declare Diwali as a National Holiday In the US
US lawmaker Carolyn B Maloney of New York introduces Bill to declare Diwali a national holiday
♦ Congresswoman Carolyn B Maloney of New York has introduced legislation to make Diwali a national holiday in the United States.
♦ The Deepavali Day Act was introduced in the House of Representatives by the member.
♦ A number of congressmen, including Indian-American Representative Raja Krishnamoorthi, support the historic measure.
♦ Meanwhile, Krishnamoorthi sponsored a resolution in the US Congress to recognize the festival of lights’ religious and historical significance.
“Tele-Law on Wheels” Campaign – Key Facts
- The campaign will run from November 8 to November 14, 2021.
- Under the campaign, several activities are being undertaken for empowering people by pre-litigation advice in order to rightfully claim their entitlements and timely redressal of their difficulties.
- This one week is dedicated for ensuring “Justice for All by digital legal empowerment” of the needy people.
- As a part of the campaign, special Login week is being organized across India to encourage those in need to seek legal advice and consultation using tele-and video conferencing facilities. They are being urged to visit their nearest Common Service Centres (CSCs) that are offering Tele-Law services.
Common Service Centres (CSCs)
These CSCs are branded as “Kanooni Salah Sahahyak Kendra” for this purpose.
Aid for the campaign
The Tele-Law on Wheels Campaign is being organised with aid of “CSC e-Governance”. CSC e-Governance is a network of more than 4 lakh digitally enabled CSCs across India.
LEADS (Logistics Ease Across Different States) 2021 Index
The Logistics Ease Across Different States 2021 Index was recently published by Ministry of Commerce & Industry. This is the third edition of Index.
- In the index, Gujarat, Haryana and Punjab were emerged as best performing states with respect to mobility of goods and efficiency of logistics chain.
- This index provide ranking to states on the basis of logistics infrastructure.
- Gujarat, Haryana and Punjab are the best performing states (Top 3 slot respectively)
- Tamil Nadu (4th) and Maharashtra (5th) are among top-5 slot.
- Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand have witnessed a significant improvement as compared to 2019 LEADS ranking. These states have emerged as the top improvers.
States were ranked as follows:
- For representation purposes, states were ranked in three separate classes:
- North Eastern States
- Himalayan UTs’ and
- ‘Other UTs’ group.
- Within Himalayan UTs, Jammu & Kashmir emerged as top ranker.
- In North Eastern States, Sikkim and Meghalaya emerged as topper.
- Delhi was ranked at top position among “other United Territories” category.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022