India is witnessing a transition from an emerging to a developed market economy and digital is slated to play a key role in this journey. Digital is not only catalysing economic growth across all sectors and sub-sectors, but also forms the bedrock for providing better services to citizens, enabling social and financial inclusion, enhancing productivity and helping create a connected ecosystem. The size of the digital economy in India is estimated to grow from $ 200 billion in 2017-18 to a staggering $ 1 trillion by 2025.
Making India a Global Data Centre hub, promote investment in the sector, propel digital economy growth, enable provisioning of trusted hosting infrastructure to fulfil the growing demand of the country and facilitate state of the art service delivery to citizens.
Mission of the policy
- Ensure sustainable and trusted Data Centre capacity in the country to meet the enormous demand generated in one of the fastest growing economies.
- Strengthen India’s position as one of the most favourable countries for Data Centres by incentivizing and facilitating establishment of state-of-the-art Data Centres.
- Encourage domestic and foreign investments in the sector
- Promote R&D for manufacturing and development of Data Centre related products and services for domestic and global markets.
- Promote domestic manufacturing, including non-IT as well as IT components, to increase domestic value addition and reduce dependence on imported equipment for Data Centres
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022