A tropical deciduous forest would grow in a place that is warm all year and the trees would lose their leaves at some point every year.
Main characteristics of tropical deciduous forests are:
- These are the most wide spread forests of India.
- They are also known as the monsoon forests.
- They spread over areas of annual rainfall ranging between 200 cm and 70 cm.
- Trees of these forests shed their leaves for about six to eight weeks in dry season.
- Every species has its own time of shedding leaves. Therefore, the forest does not appear leafless at any time of the year.
- These forests are further divided into moist and dry deciduous on the basis of precipitation.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022