National Cyber Crime Policy
Cyberspace is a complex environment consisting of interactions between people, software and services, supported by worldwide distribution of information and communication technology (ICT) devices and networks.
In the light of the growth of IT sector in the country, ambitious plans for rapid social transformation & inclusive growth and India’s prominent role in the IT global market, providing right kind of focus for creating secure computing environment and adequate trust & confidence in electronic transactions, software, services, devices and networks, has become one of the compelling priorities for the country. Such a focus enables creation of a suitable cyber security eco-system in the country, in tune with globally networked environment.
Cyberspace is vulnerable to a wide variety of incidents, whether intentional or accidental, manmade or natural, and the data exchanged in the cyberspace can be exploited for nefarious purposes by both nation-states and non-state actors. The protection of information infrastructure and preservation of the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information in cyberspace is the essence of a secure cyber space.
The “National Cyber Security Policy” has hence been prepared in consultation with all relevant stakeholders, user entities and public. The policy aims at facilitating creation of secure computing environment and enabling adequate trust and confidence in electronic transactions and also guiding stakeholders actions for protection of cyber space.
To protect information and information infrastructure in cyberspace, build capabilities to prevent and respond to cyber threats, reduce vulnerabilities and minimize damage from cyber incidents through a combination of institutional structures, people, processes, technology and cooperation.
- To create a secure cyber ecosystem in the country, generate adequate trust & confidence in IT systems and transactions in cyberspace and thereby enhance adoption of IT in all sectors of the economy.
- To create an assurance framework for design of security policies and for promotion and enabling actions for compliance to global security standards and best practices by way of conformity assessment (product, process, technology & people).
- To strengthen the Regulatory framework for ensuring a Secure Cyberspace ecosystem.
- To enhance and create National and Sectoral level 24 x 7 mechanisms for obtaining strategic information regarding threats to ICT infrastructure, creating scenarios for response, resolution and crisis management through effective predictive, preventive, protective, response and recovery actions.
- To enhance the protection and resilience of Nation’s critical information infrastructure by operating a 24×7 National Critical Information Infrastructure Protection Centre (NCIIPC) and mandating security practices related to the design, acquisition, development, use and operation of information resources.
- To develop suitable indigenous security technologies through frontier technology research, solution oriented research, proof of concept, pilot development, transition, diffusion and commercialisation leading to widespread deployment of secure ICT products / processes in general and specifically for addressing National Security requirements.
- To improve visibility of the integrity of ICT products and services by establishing infrastructure for testing & validation of security of such products.
- To create a workforce of 500,000 professionals skilled in cyber security in the next 5 years through capacity building, skill development and training.
- To provide fiscal benefits to businesses for adoption of standard security practices and processes. To enable protection of information while in process, handling, storage & transit so as to safeguard privacy of citizen’s data and for reducing economic losses due to cyber crime or data theft.
- To enable effective prevention, investigation and prosecution of cyber crime and enhancement of law enforcement capabilities through appropriate legislative intervention.
- To create a culture of cyber security and privacy enabling responsible user behaviour & actions through an effective communication and promotion strategy.
- To develop effective public private partnerships and collaborative engagements through technical and operational cooperation and contribution for enhancing the security of cyberspace.
Creating a secure cyber ecosystem
- To designate a National nodal agency to coordinate all matters related to cyber security in the country, with clearly defined roles & responsibilities.
- To encourage all organizations, private and public to designate a member of senior management, as Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), responsible for cyber security efforts and initiatives.
Creating an assurance framework
- To promote adoption of global best practices in information security and compliance and thereby enhance cyber security posture.
- To create infrastructure for conformity assessment and certification of compliance to cyber security best practices, standards and guidelines (Eg. ISO 27001 ISMS certification, IS system audits, Penetration testing / Vulnerability assessment, application security testing, web security testing) .
Encouraging Open Standards
- To encourage use of open standards to facilitate interoperability and data exchange among different products or services.
- To promote a consortium of Government and private sector to enhance the availability of tested and certified IT products based on open standards.
strengthening the Regulatory framework
To develop a dynamic legal framework and its periodic review to address the cyber security challenges arising out of technological developments in cyber space (such as cloud computing, mobile computing, encrypted services and social media) and its harmonization with international frameworks including those related to Internet governance.
Information sharing and cooperation
- To develop bilateral and multi-lateral relationships in the area of cyber security with other countries.
- To enhance National and global cooperation among security agencies, CERTs, Defence agencies and forces, Law Enforcement Agencies and the judicial systems.
Creating Cyber Security Awareness
- To promote and launch a comprehensive national awareness program on security of cyberspace.
- To sustain security literacy awareness and publicity campaign through electronic media to help citizens to be aware of the challenges of cyber security.
Developing effective Public Private Partnerships
- To facilitate collaboration and cooperation among stakeholder entities including private sector, in the area of cyber security in general and protection of critical information infrastructure in particular for actions related to cyber threats, vulnerabilities, breaches, potential protective measures, and adoption of best practices.
- To create models for collaborations and engagement with all relevant stakeholders.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022