- . The industrialized world in the 1980s had led to increasing public resistance to the disposal of hazardous wastes – in accordance with what became known as the NIMBY (Not in My Back Yard) syndrome– and to an increase of disposal costs. This in turn led some operators to seek cheap disposal options for hazardous wastes in the developing countries, where environmental awareness was much less developed and regulations and enforcement mechanisms were lacking The Convention came into force in 1992.
- The objectives of the convention are to reduce trans-boundary movements of hazardous wastes, to minimize the creation of such wastes and to prohibit their shipment from Developed countries to the LDCs
- India ratified the convention and enacted Hazardous Wastes Management Rules Act 1989, encompasses some of the Basal provisions related to the notification of import and export of hazardous wastes ,illegal traffic and liability.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry