None Of The Above (NOTA) is a ballot option designed to allow the voter to indicate disapproval of all of the candidates in a voting system.It was introduced in India following the 2013 Supreme Court directive in the People’s Union for Civil Liberties v. Union of India judgment.However, NOTA in India does not provide for a ‘right to reject’.The candidate with the maximum votes wins the election irrespective of the number of NOTA votes polled.
Benefits of NOTA:
- Our constitution give as fundamental right of expression. Pressing NOTA is an act of expression and hence this provision is intune with the Fundamental rights.
- NOTA will encourage more voters to come who still don’t vote because of lack of the capabilities of candidates stood in the election.
- NOTA will help in introspection for political parties. They will give ticket to candidates on the basis of merit.
- NOTA can be the stepping stone towards getting the power of Right to Reject.
- It will increase the legitimacy of the election system in India and hence our reputation as largest surviving democracy.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry