- Amending the Constitution to effect simultaneous elections would fundamentally alter its democratic and federal character.
- a disdain for the parliamentary system and the federal arrangement
- Logistics costs involved is very highly:
- Need heavy deployment of security officials and staffs
- Even current elections are conducted in multiple phase to dela with the varying geographical locations.
- Buying Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) and Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT) machines would cost Rs 9,284.15 crore, the EC told the House panel.
- State and national elections are often fought on different sets of issues — and in simultaneous elections, voters may end up privileging one set over the other in ways they might not have done otherwise.
- If we enforce the system of simultaneous elections, we would need to curtail the legislature’s power to unseat a government.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry