- Since habitat loss, degradation and fragmentation are the root causes of the human-wildlife conflict, they need to be addressed to provide long-term solution to conflict
- Crop pattern needs to be Crops like sugarcane, Banana, should not be allowed to be grown near forest areas. These crops attract wildlife for food as well as good hiding place.
- Good standards of waste management are important to avoid attracting wild animals to human settlements and to prevent animals being artificially sustained by human induced food availability.
- The population of wild ungulates, namely hares and the wild boars should be increased as these act as prey for wild carnivores
- Forest corridors linking protected areas must be maintained where they exist, or created where they don’t. Other measures such as swift delivery of compensation for livestock loss, property damage, or life lost due to conflict are important, but they are not long-term solutions
- Communities should be incentivised for not to harm wild animals that pass through their lands. For this it is important to provide quick compensation, insurance for any economic loss
- Capacity development of forest officials is im Fully equipped quick response team should be deployed as when conflicts arise
- Relocation of local communities to areas offering better access to natural resources and socio-economic opportunities is an important measure to negate potential human-wildlife conflicts
- Education and training activities at different levels should be taken up for disseminating innovative techniques, building local capacity in conflict resolution and increasing public understanding of man-animal conflicts.
- Acacia and eucalyptus plantations are notorious for the ecological problems they cause. Yet, in southwest Karnataka, these monocultures have become crucial elephant habitats and need to be protected along with natural forest patches to minimise human–elephant conflict, suggests a study published inTropical Conservation Science.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry