SO it is a extraordinary power which shall be utilised in rare situation. The concerns raised against the ordinance is that its frequent use and repromulgation of ordinance. It has been seen as a tool to bypass the parliamentary procedures. So it is anti to the tenets of representative democracy and disturb the separation of power.
Above concerns are valid to a certain extent but cannot be the substantive grounds for removal of ordinance provisions because:
- Constitution itself provides a check on its misuse. An ordinance has to be laid in the parliament after 6 weeks of its assembly. Hence ordinance can remain for 6months and 6 weeks maximum.
- Constitutional amendment cannot be done via ordinance.
- In AK roy vs Union Of India (1982), the court argued that president ordinance making power is subjected to judicial review.
- In D C Wadhwa vs state of Bihar, the SC held that courts could strike down re-promulgated ordinance. Same judgement was passed recently in the case of Krishna Kumar Vs state of Bihar case.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry