External commercial borrowing (ECB) is basically a loan availed by an Indian entity from a non-resident lender. They are used widely in India to facilitate access to foreign money by Indian corporations and PSUs (public sector undertakings). Most of these loans are provided by foreign commercial banks and other institutions. In the post reform period, ECBs have emerged a major form of foreign capital like FDI and FII.
ECB is controlled by Deptt. Of economic affairs, Ministry of Finance along with Reserve bank of India. The advantage of having ECB are:
- Accessibility to large volume of funds.
- Lower interest rate as compared to domestic market makes it better source.
- Time frame for repayment is large.
- Domestic market is facing NPA problem, hence it act as a alternative source of credit.
- It is also a way of raising capital without shedding control as it is a debt instrument.
- Will help to quench the want of funds in critical sector like infrastructure.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry