- Government has amended the Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) Notification 2006 to make environmental impact clearance mandatory for small-scale sand mines
- It also provided for the creation of two bodies—a District-level Expert Appraisal Committee (DEAC) to assess the environmental impact of mines and a District Environment Impact Assessment Authority (DEIAA), to prepare a District Survey Report for tabulating sand mining potential of the district and for granting clearances.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change has issued Sustainable Sand Mining Management Guidelines, 2016, which addresses the issues relating to regulation of sand mining.
- Ministry of Mines through the Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM, has developed Mining Surveillance System to use the space technology to check illegal mining.
- Bureau of Indian Standards evolved alternatives for sand such as slag, waste from steel industry; fly ash, waste from thermal power plants; crushed over-burnt bricks; and tiles, waste from clay brick and the tile industry etc.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry