- Most of the canals provide perennial irrigation. This saves the crops from drought conditions and helps in increasing the farm production.
- Canals carry a lot of sediments brought down by the rivers. The sediments is deposited in the agriculture fields which adds to the fertility.
- Some of the canals are parts of multipurpose project and therefore provide cheap source of irrigation.
- Low operational cost.
- Leads to the problem of water logging along the canal route.
- Capillary action brings alkaline salts to the surface and makes large area unfit for agriculture.
- The marshy areas near the canals act as breeding grounds of mosquitoes which result in widespread malaria.
- Many canals over flow during rainy season and flood the surrounding areas.
- Canal irrigation is suitable in plain areas only.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry