CAATSA stands for countering American adversaries through trade act. As the name suggest, it is an act passed by the US congress and it sanctions trade in the field of defence, energy etc. with Russia, Iran and North Korea.
- This act is going to affect India-Russia and India-Iran Relations.
- CAATSA, if implemented in its stringent form, is likely to affect India’s arms procurement from Russia in a number of ways.
- CAATSA is likely to affect all the joint ventures (JVs) existing or planned between Indian and Russian defence companies.
- The Act will also affect India’s purchase of spare parts, components, raw materials and other assistance from Russia.
- Thus US authorities will try to influence their Indian counterparts to ignore the Russian platforms, though it is entirely up to India to make its own judgement.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry