- Borgeet may get recognition as classical music soon
- The Borgeet of Assam, a unique creation of Mahapurush Srimanta Sankaradeva and his most trusted disciple Madhabadeva, which has till date been a neglected chapter in the national cultural and literary arena, may be accorded national recognition as a classical music.
- The Samagam, one of the biggest conglomeration of great artistes and scholars from both India and abroad, was organised by Sangeet Natak Akademi in collaboration with Guru Nanak University, Amritsar and Punjab Sangeet Natak Akademi from November 19 to 23.
ð Music in Assam is rooted way back in the 6th century and a number of Ragas are found in the Charjyapada of the 8th century. Different types of Ragas are also present in the Ojapali, which emanated before the Sankari era.
ð Both Sankaradeva and his chief disciple Madhabadeva introduced the tradition of classical music in Assam during 15th and 16th centuries known as Borgeet. He demanded that Borgeet should be recognised as a special school of classical music or under Kamrupee Music School.
- PM to attend G20 Summit in Argentina
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will leave for Argentina on November 28 to attend the G-20 summit.
- The Group of Twenty-G-20 is a leading forum of the world’s major economies that seeks to develop global policies to address today’s most pressing economic challenges.
- Collectively, G20 members represent all inhabited continents, 85 per cent of global economic output, two-thirds of the world’s population and 75 per cent of international trade.
- Nepal launches Social Security Scheme for formal sector workers
- Nepal government has launched a Social Security Scheme for formal sector workers.
- The new social security scheme is contribution based and it will cover health and medical facilities, safe motherhood, accident and physical incapacity security, security to dependent family members and security at old age.
- The scheme will be compulsorily applicable to formal sector workers. The scheme will soon be extended to informal sector workers as well.
- ‘HAUSLA-2018’ was inaugurated in the Capital Delhi
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched the National Festival for Children of Child Care Institutions (CCIs) – Hausla 2018.
- The inter-Child Care Institution festival draws children from 18 States for the various events like painting competition, athletics meet, football, chess competition and speech writing as part of the Festival.
- This festival will provide a national platform for the children from CCIs across India to showcase their talent.
· Govt transferred over Rs 1,600 crore to 48.5 lakh mothers under PMKVY: CDFI
- According to Centre for Digital Financial Inclusion (CDFI), the government had transferred over Rs 1,600 crore to 48.5 lakh mothers under Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana through direct benefit transfer.
- The exact figure is Rs 16,04,66,63,000 and the process have been conceptualized, designed and implemented by CDFI through the PMMVY-CAS (Common Application Software) System.
- NPCC gets Miniratna and ISO 9001:2015 certification
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC) has been conferred with the status of Miniratna: Category –I by the Government of India. The empowerment of Miniratna Status to NPCC will help the company in taking speedy decisions by enhancing the delegation of powers to the Board.
- NPCC, a schedule ‘B’ CPSE under the administrative control of Ministry of Water Resources RD & GR, has also been awarded ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
- The Corporation, incorporated in 1957, is a premier construction company having mandate with creation of infrastructure to provide impetus for economic development of the country.
· Govt launched ‘Paisa’ portal for affordable credit and interest subvenion access
- The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries underDeendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called ‘Paisa’.
- PAiSA, or `Portal for Affordable credit and Interest Subvention Access’, is a web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank.
- PAiSA is yet another effort by the government to connect directly with the beneficiaries, ensuring that there is greater transparency and efficiency in delivery of services.
· Researchers developed new method that uses sunlight to purify water
- Scientists from Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) in Germany have developed a simple process that canremove persistent pollutants in water using mere sunlight under the most basic conditions.
- The researchers rely on electrons moving freely in water, called hydrated electrons, to degrade dissolved pollutants. They conducted a field trial in a meadow and tested their new approach in water contaminated with chloroacetic acid. The pollutants were eliminated in a small sample of water even when there was only a moderate amount of sunshine. Follow-up studies will examine whether the method developed by the chemists in Halle can also be used for large-scale removal of pollutants.
· Ministerial Panel approved strategic sale of AI arm
- A Ministerial panel approved a proposal for strategic sale of Air India’s(AI) ground handling subsidiary Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL). The approval comes amid the government working on ways to revive the fortunes of AI, estimated to have a debt burden of more than 50,000 crore, including the sale of non-core assets.
- Proceeds from the sale would be used to pay-off part of AI’s debt. The Alternative Mechanism on AI disinvestment has decided to proceed with the strategic sale through divestment of 100% ownership of AIATSL.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022