- Farmers receive Tractors under CMSGUY in Udalguri
- Assam Public Health Engineering and Co-operation Minister, Rihon Daimari distributed tractors and accessories to beneficiaries under the Chief Minister’s Samagra Gramya Unnaya Yojana (CMSGUY) 2017-2018.
- The Central Government is taking every possible step to increase the productivity in the agricultural field and also urged the farmers to double the productivity not only in the agricultural fields, but also in cultivation and production of fish breeding, vegetable cultivation, etc.
- UNICEF, NASSCOM sign MoU to strengthen child rights
- UNICEF and NASSCOM Foundation have signed an agreement to strengthen child rights through “meaningful business interventions”.
- With this Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), the two organisations will work collaboratively on two key areas including national sensitisation on ‘child online protection’ and ‘encouraging innovations for child rights’ in the country.
- As partners, both the companies will co-create sensitisation workshops across India.
· Clear Sky 2018: Ukraine Launches Air Exercises With NATO Countries
- Ukraine began a series of large-scale air force exercises with the United States and other NATO countries.
- The “Clear Sky 2018”war games are being held in western Ukraine.
- The main aim is to enhance regional capabilities to secure air sovereignty and promote peace and security through cooperation.
· Pakistan Test-Fires Nuclear-Capable Ghauri Ballistic Missile
- The country successfully test-fired Ghauri ballistic missilecapable of carrying both conventional and nuclear warheads up to a distance of 1,300 kilometers.
- The launch was conducted by Army Strategic Forces Command and was aimed at testing the operational and technical readiness.
- In 4 yrs, road fatalities see a 7% rise
- Data released by the ministry of road transport and highway on Tuesday has revealed that deaths due to road accidents have increased by 7% from 1,37,572 in 2013 to 1,47,913 in 2017. However, there has been a4.63 % decline in the total number of accidents from 4,86,476 in2013 to 4,64,910 in 2017.
- India wants better metric for Human Capital Index
- The World Bank’s inaugural HCI has placed India at 115 out of 157 countries in terms of the quality of human capital based on five parameters – child survival, school enrollment, quality of learning, healthy growth and adult survival.
- HCI uses metric of industrial era to measure the status of human capital for digital age and its production system
- India’s HCI score is 0.44, which means a child born in the country today will be only 44 per cent as productive.
- Centre to develop ‘model shelters’ for the homeless in urban areas
- The Centre will develop “model shelters” for urban homeless in states, which will provide several facilities like RO water, playground and television to occupants.
- According to the housing and urban affairs ministry, at least two model shelters will be developed in each state, including in its capital, under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- So far, six states have been identified where model shelters are to be established. Model shelters will be established in phased manner across the country.
- India’s first ever National Environment Survey to kick off in 24 states, 3 UTs in Jan, 2019
- India’s first ever National Environment Survey (NES) will be kicked off from 55 districts across 24 states and three Territories in January, 2019.
- The earliest the first set of complete green data from the survey will be available is 2020, providing an important tool in the hands of policy-makers for decision making at all levels – district, state and national.
- The survey will be done through a grid-based approach, using grids measuring 9×9 km, to collect comprehensive on various environmental parameters such as air, water, soil mquality; emission inventory; solid, hazardous and e-waste; forest & wildlife; flora & fauna; wetlands, lakes, rivers and other water bodies.
- It will also assess carbon sequestration potential of all the districts across the country. The NES will rank all the districts on their environmental performance and document their best green practices.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022