- Govt to convert power lines into covered cable lines
- The State government has made plans to convert power lines stretching 60,000 km into covered cable lines for durability, safety and prevention of transmission and distribution losses, even as it claimed that Assam will become self-sufficient in electricity production within the next 10 years once the national gas grid becomes operational.
- The State has witnessed a large number of deaths due to electrocution in recent years and ensuring safety of people is of paramount importance. He said there have been 883 deaths in Assam due to electrocution between 2006 and 2018.
- The Power Department has earmarked Rs 3284.04 crore for the project, which will come from the Asian Development Bank (ADB). Another Rs 633 core has been sanctioned for conversion to cable covered lines under the Integrated Power Development Scheme.
- AYUSH Information Cell set up at the Indian Embassy in Romania
- Ministry of AYUSH has set up an AYUSH Information Cell at the premises of the Indian Embassy in Romania to disseminate authentic information about AYUSH system of medicine and encourage Ayurveda practice in Romania.
- The AYUSH Information Cell, Romania will help to organise lectures, consultation, conduct seminars, training courses and facilitate associations of AYUSH stakeholders for networking conducting meetings, develop awareness of AYUSH system among public in Romania.
- On this occasion, a book on ‘Ayurveda in Romania’ was also released by Vice president.
- India ranks 158th among 195 countries in health care investment
- India ranks 158th in the world for its investments in education and healthcare, a survey of 195 countries has revealed.
- It ranks below countries like Sudan, Azerbaijan, China and Bosnia Herzegovina.
- According to the survey, Finland tops the list of 195 countries in the two key sectors.
· UN Declared Nelson Mandela Decade Of Peace 2019-2028
- Recognizing the period from2019 to 2028 as the Nelson Mandela Decade of Peace, the Declaration saluted Mr Mandela for his humility, forgiveness and compassion, acknowledging as well his contribution to the struggle for democracy and the promotion of a culture of peace throughout the world.
- This incident took place at the Nelson Mandela peace summit honouring the South African leader at the UN.
- He also unveiled a statue of Nelson Mandela at the UN marking the 100th anniversary of Mandela’s birth.
· Nepal to Become World’s First Country To Double Its Tiger Population
- The main aims to double the number of tigers all over the world.
- The government of Nepal announced on September 23, 2018, on the occasion of National Conservation Day, that there are now an estimated 235 wild tigers in the nation, nearly double the number (235) from around 121 in 2009.
· India loses “Asia’s best stock market” tag to New Zealand
- India has lost its tag as Asia’s best-performing stock market this year to New Zealand.
- Indian equity benchmark Sensex is up 6%since the beginning of this year, compared with the 11% gain in the New Zealand Exchange 50 Gross Index.
· Dr. Harsh Vardhan Inaugurated Air Pollution Control Device WAYU In New Delhi
- WAYU (Wind Augmentation PurifYing Unit) is developed by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (CSIR-NEERI) as a part of Technology Development Project being funded by Department of Science and Technology.
- 54 more such devices will be installed by 15th October in Delhi.
· Hyderabad Metro becomes India’s 2nd largest metro rail network
- After Andhra Pradesh and Telangana Governor ESL Narasimhan flagged off the 16-km stretch of Hyderabad Metro between Ameerpet and L B Nagar, Hyderabad Metrobecame the second biggest rail network in India with a total of 46 km service, next only to Delhi.
- It is also the world’s largest metro project under the public-private-partnership (PPP) model with a total estimated cost of over Rs 20,000 crorecourtesy time and cost overruns before and after the formation of Telangana state.
- More than Rs. 12,000 crore business recorded on GeM
- The National Mission on Government e Marketplace (GeM),waslaunched by the Minister of Commerce and Industry, Suresh Prabhu, on 5thof September 2018. This was followed by the launch of the Mission in 19 States and Union Territories.
- The Government of India decided to launch a six week long National Mission on GeM from 6th to 17thOct 2018in order to increase awareness, accelerate the use of GeM andto further augment the proven benefits of procurement through GeM for all government departments and organisations.
- It covers all central government departments, states and public sector undertakings in a mission mode by organising workshops, roadshow, trainings, events and other information, education and communication activities, including buyer and seller registration.
- Government e Marketplace is the National Public Procurement Portal offering an online, end-to-end solution for procurement of common use goods and services by government departments. It is used by Central and State Government Ministries and Departments, Central and State Public Sector Undertakings (CPSUs & SPSUs), autonomous institutions and local bodies. GeM provides an open, inclusive, transparent and efficient online marketplace.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry