- CM unveils mega health insurance scheme
- Consequent upon Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s launch of the world’s largest government-funded healthcare programme named ‘Ayushman Bharat-Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana’, Chief Minister Sarbanadna Sonowal rolled out the Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission at a programme held at the Veterinary ground.
- The programme aims to make healthcare accessible and affordable by providing a coverage of Rs 5 lakh to 10 crore economically backward families. Nearly 31 States and Union Territories will implement the programme to enable 50 crore Indians to reap dividends from the scheme. The ambitious scheme named ‘Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Abhiyan’ targets economically backward families from both rural and urban India. Eligible people can avail the benefits in government and listed private hospitals.
- The beneficiaries are identified based on four “deprivation categories”.
- The State government would aim at touching the lives of 1.40 crore individuals in the State.
- Under the scheme, 1,350 procedures and 1,394 medical and surgical packages will be covered and treatment can be done in all medical colleges and empanelled nursing homes. On November 1, 2018, all district hospitals will be brought under the purview of the scheme.
- Under the scheme, Pradhan Mantri Ayushman Mitras will be pressed into service for the beneficiaries at every empanelled hospital. The beneficiaries have been drawn based on the data of the Socio-Economic and Caste Census of 2011. Sonowal also distributed cards among few beneficiaries.
· Trump suggested to build wall between Africa and Spain
- The U.S. President Donald Trumpsuggested building a wall along the Sahara desert, Africa as on the Mexican border. This is to restrict the arrival of migrants. The wall spans from the Red Sea in the east to the Atlantic Ocean in the west, or close to 5,000 km.
- Spain has become the number one point of entry for migrants coming to Europe by sea or by land from Africa. Many of these migrants cross the Sahara to Morocco and on to Spain across the Mediterranean, or over two high fences into the Spanish overseas territories of Ceuta and Melilla in northern Morocco.
· Saudi Arabia to join China-Pakistan Economic Corridor
- Saudi Arabiais to join as the third strategic partner of the $50 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). This announcement was made soon after Prime Minister Imran Khan returned from his first foreign trip to Saudi.
- The CPEC is the flagship project of the multi-billion dollar Belt and Road Initiative(BRI), a project of Chinese President Xi Jinping. It aimed at enhancing Beijing’s influence around the world through China-funded infrastructure projects.
· Modi launched Pradhan Mantri-Jan Aarogya Yojana (PMJAY)
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Pradhan Mantri-Jan Aarogya Yojana(PM-JAY), the mega healthcare scheme Ayushman Bharat, from Ranchi, Jharkhand. Modi in his speech said that the scheme would be a “game changer” globally in health insurance.
- Under this scheme, over 10 crore families will be provided health assurance worth Rs. 5 lakh each, every year.
- The Prime Minister will visit an exhibition on the PMJAY. He will witness a demonstration of activities such as beneficiary identification, and e-card creation.
- On September 24, the Prime Minister will inaugurate Pakyong Airport, which will bring the State of Sikkim on the country’s aviation map.
· PM Narendra Modi inaugurates India’s 100th airport, Sikkim’s 1st at 4,500 feet
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurated Pakyong Airport near Gangtok in Sikkim, which is India’s 100th airport and the state’s first airport situated at an altitude of 4,500 feet above sea level.
- The first commercial flights would begin from October 4.
- The reinforcement wall of the project is 80-metre-high — one of the tallest in the world.
· IRDA Raised Minimum Driver Insurance Cover To INR 15 Lakh
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority raised the minimum insurance cover for owner-driver to Rs. 15 lakh for a premium of Rs. 750 per annum, a move to provide some succour to road accident victims.
- Currently, the capital sum insured (CSI) under this section for motorized two-wheelers and private cars/commercial vehicles is Rs. 1 lakh and Rs. 2 lakh, respectively.
- Jaya Prada appointed goodwill ambassador for Nepal tourism
- Former Member of Parliament and Bollywood actress Jaya Prada has been appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the promotion of Nepal tourism.
- The appointment is for a period of four years.
- Tourism is an important source of revenue and employment generation in Nepal. India is the biggest source market for Nepal tourism.
- The Nepal government has also decided to observe the year 2020 as the ‘Visit Nepal Year’ and has set a target of attracting two million international visitors.
- India to host the Women’s Boxing World C’ships
- The Women’s Boxing World Championships, to be hosted by India after more than a decade, will be held from November 15-24, 2018, in New Delhi.
- The teams will have to be in the national capital by November 13, with the competition starting two days later.
- The marquee tournament was last held in India in 2006 and remains the best for the country in terms of performance.
- India had topped the medal tally with four Gold, three Silver and one Bronze medal.
· Scientist Dr VR Lalithambika is heading India’s First Human Space Mission
ð The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has chosen veteran scientist Dr VR Lalithambika to head its Gaganyaan mission to put an Indian in space by 2022.
ð The 56-year-old scientist has 30 years of experience in space missions with ISRO.
ð She was also a key member of the team responsible for launching 104 satellites in one go in February 15, 2017.
· India Won Silver In Asian Team Snooker Championship
- India defeated Pakistan at the goal of 2-3 in the final of the Asian Team Snooker Championship.
- Pankaj Advani and Malkeet Singh represented India while Babar Masih and Mohammad Asif were from the Pakistani side.
· Village Rockstars is Indias Official Entry To Oscars 2019
- Rima Das’ National Award-winning feature Village Rockstars chosen to represent India in the Best Foreign Language category at the 91st Academy Awards next year, the Film Federation of India (FFI)
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022