- Water supply schemes launched in Dhemaji dist
- The Dhemaji and Ghilamara Division of Pubic Health Engineering & Water Supply (PHE &WS) Department launched eight piped water supply schemes in Dhemaji district, including three schemes in Jonai sub-division
- Officials informed that the schemes were funded under the National Drinking Water Supply Programme to provide safe drinking water to the rural people. The department has spent around Rs 9.5 crore in the district against construction of eight schemes, thereby setting a target to cover a population of 8,600 ruralites.
· Germany introduced worlds first hydrogen powered train
- Germanylaunched the world’s first hydrogen-powered train. The hydrogen-powered train technology is costlier but eco-friendly. The two bright blue Coradia iLint trains are built by French TGV-maker Alstom.
- Hydrogen trains are equipped with fuel cells that produce electricity through a combination of hydrogen and oxygen. This process leaves steam and water as the only emissions. As an alternate, excess energy is stored in ion-lithium batteries on board the train. Countries including Britain, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Italy and Canada are planning to introduce the pollution free hydrogen trains.
· Bangladesh govt approved India to use the Chittagong and Mongla seaports
- Bangladesh’s Cabinet approved a proposed agreement withIndiato allow it to use the Bangladesh seaports. The approved agreement will be effective for five years. The agreement would allow India to Chittagong and Mongla seaports for transporting goods to and from the northeastern States.
- Only Bangladeshi vehicles may be used as freight transport to move the goods while they are in Bangladeshi territory. India must also follow GATTand Bangladeshi regulations and also pay the customs duties and buy tax equivalent bonds. Any cargos that move through Bangladesh will be monitored by a tracking system. The decision by Bangladesh is a step toward improving the friendly relations between Bangladesh and India.
· Hangzhou confirmed as host of 2022 Asian Para Games
- Asian Paralympic Committee (APC) confirmed that Hangzhou in China will host the fourth edition of Asian Para Games in 2022.
- Hangzhou will now be represented at the Closing Ceremony of 2018 Asian Para Games, which will begin in Indonesian capital Jakarta on October 6.
- Vijaya Bank, Dena Bank, BoB to merge: Govt
- The government said state-owned Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will be merged to create the country’s third largest lender as part of efforts to revive credit and economic growth.
- The move follows top lender State Bank of India last year merging with itself five of its subsidiary banks and taking over Bharatiya Mahila Bank.
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said the merger will make the banks stronger and sustainable as well as increase their lending ability.
- This merger will create third largest bank in India.
· Rajnath Singh inaugurated hi-tech smart fencing under CIBMS
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singhinaugurated the first phase of hi-tech smart fencing of an 11 km stretch on the International Border (IB) in Jammu under Comprehensive Integrated Border Management System (CIBMS) programme. The smart fencing would provide laser-guided surveillance which will create an invisible electronic barrier on land, water and even in air and underground. This will, in turn, help the Border Security Force (BSF) to detect and foil infiltration bids in the most difficult terrains.
- CIBMS has been designed to guard stretches where physical surveillance is not possible either due to inhospitable terrain or riverine borders. The programme is a more robust border management system that integrates modern technology with human resource.
· Anna Rajam Malhotra, first Indian woman IAS officer, passed away
- Anna Rajam Malhotra, first Indian woman IAS officer after Independence, died in Mumbai on 17th September. She was 91 years old. The officer worked under seven Chief Ministers and at the Central government.
- During her tenure, the construction of India’s first computerised port Nhava Sheva(Jawaharlal Nehru Port) in Mumbai was completed.
· India gets first ever gender-neutral hostel in Mumbai’s TISS
- After the Supreme Court scrapped Section 377of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) that criminalised homosexuality, India has become the first-ever country to have a gender-neutral hostel.
- The Tata Institute of Social Sciences(TISS) in Mumbai‘s Deonar has become the first campus in India to have a gender-neutral hostel.
- The hostel has 10 twin-seater rooms that will host transgender, or gender non-conforming students.
· Uttar Pradesh Police to launch first-ever ‘dial-FIR’ scheme
- In this scheme, a common man can register regular crimes without going to a police station, by dialing the emergency number UP 100 and file an FIR, a call-based FIR.
- An e-FIR or dial-FIRscheme is the FIR (first information report) that sets the law into motion and to start investigation.
- To combat crime, an online dossierof over 1-lakh small and big criminals in the state has also been prepared.
- UP is the only second state to prepare such a localised online criminal database after Punjab.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022