- ISRO not to sign MoU with State Govt
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has ruled out any possibility of signing an MoU with the State Government for flood and disaster management.
- However, North Eastern Space Applications Centre (NESAC), under Department of Space, has been working closely with the Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) since 2009. In association with ASDMA, the NESAC has developed the Flood Early Warning System (FLEWS). It is a terrain-specific model and employs satellite-based inputs, in-situ data on rainfall and river discharge data at critical locations to provide advance information on flood events as an input to disaster preparedness.
- NESAC, an autonomous organisation under Department of Space (DOS), was set up as a joint initiative of DOS and the North Eastern Council (NEC) in Shillong during September 2000.
- The Centre plays a catalytic role in holistic development of entire north-eastern region by providing space science and technology support on natural resource management (agriculture, water resources, forestry, geology, minerals), infrastructure planning, telemedicine, tele-education, emergency communication, space and atmospheric science research, including disaster management support.
· Apple becomes First $1 Trillion Company in History
- Apple Inc. became the first S.-based company with a market value of $1 trillion, four decades after it was co-founded by Steve Jobsin a Silicon Valley garage and later revolutionized the worlds of computing, music and mobile communications.
- The iMac desktop computer, the iPod, iPhone, and iPad were smash hits.
- Integrate to Innovate Programme for energy Startups
- Invest India has joined hands with energy sector companies to offer a unique lab-to-market opportunity for Indian startups through the Integrate to Innovate Programme.
- Integrate to Innovate is a 3-month corporate acceleration programme for energy startups housed at the corporate premises.
- The application for the programme is hosted on Startup India Hub – an online platform bringing together all stakeholders of the Indian startup ecosystem.
- The programme provides an opportunity for collaboration and conversation around valuable energy transitions, offering startups an opportunity to bring their ideas to life with the guidance and support from corporates.
- Ballistic Missile Interceptor AAD Successfully Flight Tested
- DRDO conducted the successful test of the Ballistic Missile Interceptor Advanced Area Defence (AAD) at from Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha.
- The endo-atmospheric missile, capable of intercepting incoming targets at an altitude of 15 to 25 kms was launched against multiple simulated targets of 1500 km class ballistic missile.
- One target among simultaneously incoming multiple targets was selected on real time, the weapon system radars tracked the target and the missile locked on to it and intercepted the target with a high degree of accuracy.
- SAATHI Initiative Launched
- Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Power have joined hands under the initiative SAATHI(Sustainable and Accelerated Adoption of efficient Textile technologies to Help Small Industries) in order to sustain and accelerate the adoption of energy efficient textile technologies in thepowerloom sector and cost savings due to use of such technology.
- Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL), a Public Sector entity under the administrative control of Ministry of Power, will replace old inefficient electric motors with energy efficient IE3 motors which will result in energy and cost saving up to 10-15% in the first phase.
- NITI Aayog launches Move Hack, global mobility hackathon
- NITI Aayog has launched Move Hack, a global mobility hackathon to crowdsource solutions aimed at the future of mobility in India. Envisaged to be one of the largest hackathons globally, Move Hack is focused on 10 themes and structured over three legs: online, followed by Singapore leg, and the finals in New Delhi.
- Transportation and mobility are emerging as potential drivers of innovation and economic growth of the 21st
- Rapidly evolving technologies and business models for delivering mobility services have dramatic potential to transform the global transportation sector.
- Mobility that ranges from pedestrian and personal transport to public transit and freight movement is extremely critical and impacts rural and urban daily lives.
· IWAI Launches Dedicated Portal FOCAL For Cargo Owners and Shippers
- The Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI)has launched a dedicated portal to connect cargo owners and shippers with real-time data on the availability of vessels.
- The portal has been named as the Forum of Cargo Owners and Logistics Operators (FOCAL).
- This is designed by the IT Department and the traffic wing of IWAI.
· NITI Aayog to Host Investors Conference For Development Of Islands
- National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog will host an Investors’ Conference at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra for the Holistic Development of Islands.
- The Conference will be inaugurated by Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog.
- It will attract investment for the sustainable development of eco-tourism projects in Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep islands.
- The 11 anchor tourism projects are proposed to be implemented with private sector participation under the suitable risk-sharing model and through open-competitive bidding.
· Assam, Nagaland and Uttar Pradesh drools under heavy rainfall, relief camps run for rescue
- Incessant rainfall in the north has disrupted the normal life of people in the states of Uttar Pradesh, Assam, and Nagaland.
- The heavy rainfall has resulted in causing floods, landslides and immense damage to property and livestock.
- Overall more than 1 lakh people are reeling under the fury of the flood in 8 districts.
· DTAB to impose ban on Oxytocin
- The Drug Technical Advisory Board(DTAB) recommended the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to lift the ban on Oxytocin. Under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 and Rules 1945, the ban will be imposed citing the serious misuse of oxytocin in the dairy sector.
- Also, DTAB suggested that only Karnataka Antibiotics and Pharmaceuticals Ltd., a PSU, could manufacture and supply the drug across the country.
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes