- Centre takes serious note of Guwahati pollution levels
- Admitting that the pollution levels in Guwahati city is high, the Centre has directed the Pollution Control Board, Assam, regarding treatment of sewage and the Commissioner of the Guwahati Municipal Corporation (GMC) for implementation of the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016.
- The Central government is aware of the problem of pollution levels in Guwahati and the city has been identified as a non-attainment city with respect to PM10, requiring proper air quality management.
- The government has notified the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016, for management of solid waste in India. Directions have been issued to the Assam Pollution Control Board, under Section 18(1)(b) of the Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act, 1974 regarding treatment and utilization of sewage. Directions have also been issued to the GMC Commissioner for implementation of the Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016, and regarding treatment and utilization of sewage for restoration of river water quality. The Additional Chief Secretary, Environment and Forest, Government of Assam, has also been issued directions for setting up of facilities for treatment, storage and disposal of hazardous waste.
· Google has revealed about the AI chips for its data centres
- At Google Cloud Next ’18 conferencein San Francisco, Google revealed that it has gone beyond and building an artificial intelligence (AI) chips for its data centres.
- The aim is to help the customers in developing and deploying intelligent connected devices at scale. The first one was ‘Edge TPU,’ a new hardware chip, so small that four of them can fit on a U.S penny, Injong Rhee, VP, IoT, Google Cloud, demonstrated on the stage.
· India and US to hold first ’22 dialogue’ in September: USA
- United States of Americalooking forward to the “two-plus-two”dialogue with India in New Delhi in September.
- The two countries are close to signing the long-pending foundational agreements that will make it easier for the US to share classified information and undertake logistical activities together.
- The September meeting will be the first “two-plus-two” dialogue between India and the United States.
- It was announced last year during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s meeting with President Donald Trump.
· India into deep ocean exploration
- Indiahas allocated 8,000 crore for a deep ocean exploration. This plan will extend for 5 years. The Union Earth Sciences Ministry revealed the blueprint of the ‘Deep Ocean Mission (DOM)’. The plan includes an offshore desalination plant based on tidal energy and developing a submersible vehicle that can go to a depth of at least 6,000 metres with three people on board.Deep Ocean Mission will focus on advanced technologies that will be used for deep-sea mining, underwater vehicles, underwater robotics and ocean climate change advisory services.
- Committee to address the issues of Stressed Thermal Power Projects
- Stressed Thermal Power Assets are a cause of concern for the Country.
- With a view to resolve the stress and revive such assets, the Government has decided to set up a High Level Empowered Committee headed by Cabinet Secretary with representatives from the Ministry of Railways, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Power, Ministry of Coal and the lenders having major exposure to the power sector.
- The Committee would look into the various issues with a view to resolve them and maximise the efficiency of investment.
- Amul awarded marketer of year
- Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. (GCMMF), the marketers of the popular Amul brand of milk and dairy products, was awarded the ‘Marketer of the Year’ award by the International Advertising Association of India (IAAI).
- Amul, the brand worth Rs 41,000 crore, is marketed by the GCMMF, the biggest cooperative owned by 36 lakh farmers of Gujarat.
- Amul, the most preferred brand in milk and dairy products, is not only known for its cooperative structure and farmer’s faith, but is also known for its marketing and advertizing strategies.
· The two, Made in India, tank engines were handed over to the Army
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharamanhanded over two types of indigenously built high-power multi-fuel tank engines to Vice-Chief of Army Staff Lt. Gen. Devraj Anbu. The engines, V-46-6 and V92S2, can power up the tanks – T-72 Ajeya and T-90 Bhishma. This making of fully indigenized engines, for the first time, is under the Center’s ‘Make in India’ programme.
- It was produced by theEngine Factory Avadi (EFA), a unit of Ordnance Factory Board. The EFA has manufactured more than 12,000 engines since its inception in 1987 for the Indian Army.
· EIL has launched Electric Vehicle charging and battery swapping infrastructure initiative
- Essel Infraprojects Ltd, (EIL) has launched Electric Vehicle chargingand battery swapping infrastructure initiative under Essel Green Mobility Limited in Lucknow. Essel Infraprojects is planning to invest 1,750 crore on this project.
- Under the project, EIL has initiated 250 charging stations, 1,000 battery swapping stations in 20 cities of Uttar Pradesh. EIL will also invest in the deployment of 25,000 e-rickshaws This will create around 50,000 job opportunities.
· Government to introduce DigiYatra for air passengers
- Government is in the process to introduce Digiyatrafacility to enhance the experience of air passengers. It will be one among the Digital India programme that is coordinated by the Ministry of Civil Aviation. The aim is to reduce the queues at airports and bring efficiency to the boarding process. It is to place Indian Aviation amongst the most innovative aviation networks in the world.
- In this facility, the image of the passenger will be captured as he/she enters the airport, and then the passenger will be able to go through the full lifecycle of the travel in a hassle-free manner. To access this facility one needs to enrol into DigiYatra program through AirSewa app. The DigiYatra programme will be launched at airports in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Varanasi and Vijayawada.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022