- 50,000 foreigners may not make it to NRC, says Hajela
- Assam National Register of Citizens (NRC) coordinator Prateek Hajela said the names of nearly 50,000 foreigners and their family members will not figure in the final draft of the NRC to be published on June 30.
- This is in sharp contrast to the claims made by various minority organizations that lakhs of people, including declared foreigners, their family members and ‘doubtful’ voters (D-voters) will be left out of the final NRC which is being updated to find out the exact number of illegal migrants from Bangladesh settled in the state after the cutoff date of March 24, 1971.
- The foreigners’ tribunals set up across the state have declared that there are an estimated 90,000 foreigners in the state. “Out of them, 15,000 are ‘registered foreigners’ who had come to the state primarily from Bangladesh between 1966 and before March 25, 1971. They will make it to the NRC
- The Citizenship (Registration of Citizens and Issue of National Identity Cards) Rules, 2003, state that the names of persons who came to the state after 1966 and before March 25, 1971 and registered themselves with the Foreigner Registration Regional Officer and who have not been declared as illegal migrants or foreigners by the competent authority shall be eligible to be included in the consolidated list.
- India improves its childhood index global ranking
- India has been placed at 113th position in the list of 175 countries in “End of Childhood Index 2018” indexed by global child rights group, Save the Children.
- The overall score of India in 2018 rose by 14 points from 754 in 2017 to 768 on a scale of 1000.
- Singapore and Slovenia are placed at the top sharing the first place in the index and Niger figures at the end of the list at 175.
- India and World Bank signs $500 Million Financing for Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
- The Government of India and the World Bank signed a $500 million loan agreement to provide additional financing for the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) Rural Roads Project, implemented by Ministry of Rural Development, Govt. of India, which will build 7,000 km of climate resilient roads, out of which 3,500 km will be constructed using green technologies.
- The World Bank has supported PMGSY since its inception in 2004.
- So far it has invested over $1.8 billion in loans and credits mostly in the economically weaker and hill states across North India – Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Meghalaya, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
- It has built and improved about 35,000 km of rural roads and benefited about eight million people with access to all-weather roads.
· Indian Economy Grows 7.7% In 4th Quarter: Central Statistics Data
- The Indian economy grew 7%in the fourth quarter of 2017-18.
- The GDP had expanded 5.6%, 6.3%, and 7%, in the first three quarters of 2017-18, according to the data released by Central Statistics Office.
- As per the Data, robust performance in manufacturing, construction and service sectors, as well as good farm output, contributed to the overall growth.
- The previous high GDP growth of 8.1% was recorded in the first quarter of 2016-17.
· Indian Oil Most Profitable PSU for second Straight Year
- Indian Oil Corporationemerged as India’s most profitable state-owned company for the second consecutive year.
- Indian Oil posted a record profit of Rs21,346 crore in 2017-18, followed by ONGC, whose profit stood at Rs19,945 crore.
- Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries is the most profitable company for the third straight year, posting highest ever profit of Rs36,075 crore.
- Government introduces new scheme ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’
- The Ministry of Culture, Government of India has introduced a new scheme namely ‘Seva Bhoj Yojna’ with a total outlay of Rs. 325.00 Crores for Financial Years 2018-19 and 2019-20.
- The scheme envisages to reimburse the Central Government share of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Integrated Goods and Service Tax (IGST) on purchase of raw items such as ghee, edible oil, atta/maida/rava/flour , rice pulses, sugar, burra/jiggery etc which go into preparation of food/Prasad/langar/bhandara offered free of cost by religious institutions.
- The objective of the scheme is to lessen the financial burden of such Charitable Religious Institutions who provide Food/Prasad/Langar (Community Kitchen)/Bhandara free of cost without any discrimination to Public/Devotees.
ð In 15 months time, Survey of India, the country’s principal mapping agency, will map the entire stretch of the Ganga using geographic information system (GIS) technology and provide high-resolution maps to the government.
ð It will help river cleaning authorities in getting minute details of sewage and effluent discharge outlets and identify pollution hot-spots up to 10 km on both sides of the river.
ð Since the project will map sewage outlets and other discharges from all units (industrial, commercial and others) from the source to the public drainage network, it will help in monitoring of polluting sources and quicken the process of taking appropriate action.
· HRD Ministry notifies 75 National Resource Centres
ð The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched a major and unique initiative of online professional development of 1.5 million higher education faculty using the MOOCs (Massive online open course) platform SWAYAM.
ð In the first phase, 75 discipline-specific National Resource Centres have been identified which are tasked to prepare online training material with focus on latest developments in the discipline, new & emerging trends, pedagogical improvements and methodologies for transacting revised curriculum.
ð Under this initiative, all in-service teachers, irrespective of their subject and seniority will have an enabling opportunity to keep abreast of the latest developments in their disciplines through the technology based online refresher course.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry