- Brahmaputra heritage centre to open to public this month
- The Brahmaputra River Heritage Centre, Bahniman, which was converted from the old DC’s bungalow on the river bank, will be opened to the public soon. The British-era building has been transformed at a cost of Rs 9 crore. Located on a hilltop in Pan Bazaar, covering over 13,600 square metres on the southern bank of the Brahmaputra, Bahniman is being set up in the restored bungalow by the Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority (GMDA) under the guidance and leadership of the Guwahati Development Department(GDD).
- The Brahmaputra’s impact is deeply entrenched in the culture, food habits, customs, traditions, dances, rituals, religious beliefs and practices of all communities in Assam. Hence, the underlying theme of the heritage centre of ‘Bahniman’ is the Brahmaputra.
- The GMDA has completed all the provisions made under the revised administrative approval of the amount of Rs 9,69,80,000 in the month of January 2018.
· Swaziland King Changes Country’s Name To ‘Kingdom Of ESwatini’
- Swaziland’s KingMswati III, Africa’s last absolute monarch, officially changed the name of his country to the ‘Kingdom of eSwatini’.
- Accordingly, the country, a member of the Commonwealth, will now be known by its historic name of eSwatini.
- The announcement was made during the Golden Jubilee celebrations of the King’s 50th birthday as well as the 50th anniversary of Swazi’s independence from British colonial rule.
- World’s oldest person Nabi Tajima passes away at 117
- The world’s oldest person, a 117-year-old Japanese woman, has died. Nabi Tajima died of old age in a hospital in southern Japan.
ð Tajima, born on 4 August, 1900, was the last known person born in the 19th century.
- She became the world’s oldest person seven months ago after the death of Violet Brown in Jamaica, also at the age of 117
- Civil Service Day: 21 April
- The Civil Service Day is celebrated on 21 April every year.
- The purpose for this day is to rededicate and recommit themselves to the cause of the people.
- It is observed by all Civil Services. This day gives civil servants the opportunity for introspection and thinking about future strategies.
· India Forms Committee to Reform Higher Defence Planning
- The Union Government formed a new integrated institutional mechanism, Defence Planning Committee (DPC)to reform the process of higher defense planning.
- The permanent body would be chaired by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval.
- The committee is aimed at driving the country’s military and national security strategy, draft capability development plans, and guide and accelerate defense equipment acquisitions.
- The Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman of the Chief of the Staff Committee (CISC)will be the member secretary of the committee.
· SJVN Signs MoU With Ministry Of Power
- SJVN Limited signed a MoU with Ministry of Power for the year 2018-19.
- As per the targets set in the MOU, SJVN shall strive to achieve 9200 Million Units generation during the year under ‘Excellent’ category.
- Further, SJVN will have Capital Expenditure (CAPEX) target of Rs. 900 crore and Turnover target of Rs. 2175 crore under the Excellent category.
- TCS first Indian company with $100 billion market cap
- Tata Consultancy Services has touched $100 billion mark in market capitalisation as its share price surged nearly 7%.
- The IT major is the first listed Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- TCS is the leading the chart as the most valued firm followed by Reliance Industries Ltd, HDFC Bank, ITC and HUL in the top-five list.
· Union Minister Vijay Goel Launches Central Project Monitoring Unit for E-Vidhan Project
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Vijay Goelinaugurated the new office of Central Project Monitoring Unit for the e-Vidhan project of the Government at the Parliament House Annexe.
- This was done as a part of Swachhata Pakhwada being observed by the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs.
- e-Vidhan is a part of the broader Digital India Programme of the Government and is likely to contribute to the cleanliness and environment by reducing the use of papers to a great extent.
· E-SANAD Portal and National Academic Depository Integrated
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development (HRD)launched integration of e-SANAD portal and NAD – National Academic Depository in a bid to make education system in India more transparent.
- e-Sanad is a project aimed at online submission and verification of documents with the ultimate object to extend contactless, cashless, faceless and paperless document attestation service.
- NAD is a 24X7 online storehouse of all academic awards viz. diplomas certificates, degrees, mark-sheets etc.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry