· Tamil Nadu officials head to Assam for sand
ð A team of officials from the Public Works Department (PWD) left for Assam to explore the possibility of importing sand from the northeastern state to meet the requirements of sand-starved Tamil Nadu. The visit follows Assam chief minister Sarbananda Sonowal’s offer to supply sand for construction purposes to the state during his recent visit to the city.
ð Interestingly, the development also comes in the backdrop of the state government, which mandated that sale of sand brought from other states or Union Territories for the purpose of constructions can be done only through the PWD. It further said that sand from other states and imported from overseas should be sold through the PWD.
· India became 43rd Member of Australia Group
- India joined the Australia Group export control regime and has become the 43rd Member of that Group.
- It is an informal forum which seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- The inclusion will raise India’s stature in the field of non-proliferation and help in acquiring critical technologies.
- India managed entry into Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR), the Wassenaar Arrangement and Australia Group despite not being a signatory to the Non-Proliferation Treaty.
Gk bit – Australia Group
- The Australia Group (AG) is an informal forum of countries which, through the harmonisation of export controls,seeks to ensure that exports do not contribute to the development of chemical or biological weapons.
- Coordination of national export control measures assists Australia Group participants to fulfil their obligations under the Chemical Weapons Convention and the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention to the fullest extent possible.
- This is achieved by members through the harmonisation of export controls like using licensing measures.
- It was established in the background of use of chemical weapons (in the form of nerve agents and sulphur mustard) by Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s.
- It has 43Members + European Union
· India to offer Yoga classes at World Economic Forum
- India will offer Yoga training sessions at the World Economic Forum (WEF) in Davos, Switzerland, in a move aimed at promoting Indian traditions abroad.
- More than 70 heads of states are expected to attend the summit next week. PM Narendra Modi will be the first Indian Prime Minister to attend the summit in 21 years.
- Two yoga teachers from India will hold daily classes next week at the summit, which has attracted 70 heads of state and government, including U.S. President Donald Trump as well as celebrities, chief executives and top bankers.
- Modi will be the first Indian prime minister to attend the WEF in 21 years, since when the economy has more than doubled to $2.3 trillion and become the world’s seventh largest.
- MEITY launches Cyber Surakshit Bharat to strengthen Cybersecurity
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), announced the Cyber Surakshit Bharat initiative in association with National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and industry partners at an inaugural event in Delhi.
- It will include an awareness program on the importance of cybersecurity; a series of workshops on best practices.
- Cyber Surakshit Bharat is the first public-private partnership of its kind and will leverage the expertise of the IT industry in cybersecurity.
- Silvassa tops the List of Cities selected in Round 4 of Smart Cities
- Shri Hardeep S. Puri , Minister of State (I/C) for Housing & Urban Affairs has announced the Round 4 winning cities of National Smart Cities Challenge.
- The Minister informed that Silvassa from Dadar & Nagar Haveli has topped the list of winning cities in this round of competition.
- Other winning cities are –
Erode, Tamil Nadu
Diu, Daman & Diu
Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh
Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
Moradabad, Uttar Pradesh
Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh and
- Maitre-2 bus services to connect India and Bangladesh
- Maitre-2, the second passenger bus to Kolkata via Dhaka is started from Agartala, Tripura, to give a boost to the trans-border relationship between India and Bangladesh.
- Recently, the Maitre-2 buses were flagged off by Tripura Road Transport Corporation Chairman.
- The first Maitre bus service was launched in the year 2015.
- Mauritius largest source of FDI in India, says RBI
- Mauritius was the largest source of foreign investment in India, followed by the US and the UK, according to a census by the Reserve Bank.
- Singapore and Japan were the next two sources of foreign direct investment (FDI), said the Reserve Bank of India.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry