- Sonowal’s initiatives at Dibru-Saikhowa
- Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal laid foundation stone of Swadesh Darshan Scheme at Dibru-Saikhowa National Park to develop a theme based tourist circuit in an integrated manner to cater to both mass and niche tourism at Chabua in Tinsukia District.
- The Centre will create a tourist circuit around specific themes in order to attract tourists both domestic and international. Under Swadesh Darshan scheme 13 thematic circuits have been identified for development namely North-East India Circuit, Buddhist Circuit, Himalayan Circuit, Coastal Circuit, Krishna Circuit, Desert Circuit, Tribal Circuit, Eco Circuit, Wildlife Circuit, Rural Circuit, Spiritual Circuit, Ramayana Circuit and Heritage Circuit.
- The name of the circuit which chief minister Sonowal laid foundation stone today is Manas-Pobitora-Nameri-Kaziranga-Pani Dihing- Dibru Saikhowa Wildlife Circuit. The ₹19 crore circuit would encompass the components like tourist information centre, watch tower, cafeteria, approach road, handicraft exhibition centre, angling platform, security fencing etc.
- Romania to have first female prime minister, Viorica Dancila
- Viorica Dancila has been named as Romania’s first female PM following the sudden resignation of Mihai Tudose.
- Ms Dancila, a member of the European Parliament, is regarded as an ally of the governing Social Democratic Party (PSD) leader Liviu Dragnea.
- Ms Dancila, 54, is Romania’s third prime minister in seven months.
· Google awarded 72 lakh for finding bugs in Pixel phone
- Google awarded nearly 72 lakh to researcher Guang Gong for finding bugs in its Pixel devices.
- The exploit chain consisted of two bugs which together could inject arbitrary code into system server by accessing a malicious URL in Chrome.
- Around 67 lakh of the reward was given from Google’s Android Security Rewards program, the highest in the program’s history.
· India Ratings Projects Economic Growth at 7.1 Next Fiscal
- India Ratings and Research have projected the country’s economic growth to improve to 1 percentin 2018-19 from 6.5 percent in 2017-18, buoyed by robust consumer demand and low commodity prices.
- In its outlook for 2018-19, according to the agency, there will be a gradual pickup in growth momentum owing to structural reforms like GST and Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code in place.
- The projection is a tad lower than 7.4 percent growth estimated by Asian Development Bank and International Monetary Fund for next fiscal.
- Government to set up $350 million fund to finance solar projects
- Government will set up a $350 million fund to finance solar projects, as the country steps up efforts to achieve its ambitious target of adding 175 gigawatts (GW) in renewable energy by 2022.
- India will need at least $125 billion to fund a plan to increase the share of renewable power supply in the country’s grid by 2022.
- The country, which receives twice as much sunshine as European nations, wants to make solar central to its renewable expansion.
- Installed renewable power capacity is currently about 60 GW
· HDFC Bank Becomes 1st Indian Bank to Cross Rs5 trillion Market Capitalisation
- India’s most-valued lender HDFC Bank Limitedcrossed Rs5 trillion capitalization action for the first time, making it only the third Indian company to achieve this milestone.
- In intraday trade, the stock touched a fresh record high of Rs1,53.75 on the BSE, up 3.31% from its previous close.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) and Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) are the other two companies which crossed market capitalisation of Rs5 trillion.
· NPPA fixes retail price of 30 drug formulations
- Drug price regulator National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)fixed retail price for 30 drug formulations, including those used for the treatment of Diabetics, bacterial infections, and high blood pressure.
- NPPA is an independent body under Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers. It was set up in 1997.
- Its mandate is to fix/review.
- Essential medicines are those that satisfy the priority health care needs of the country’s population.
· Maharashtra becomes first state to unveil Public Cloud Policy
- Maharashtra became the first state in the country to unveil Public Cloud Policy that virtually mandates state government departments to shift their data storage.
- The State Government had formed a four-member committee to draft policy framework on cloud usage.
- The policy will result in additional private sector investments worth the US $2 billion for cloud industry as the government is one of biggest creators.
· Virat Kohli named as Captain of ICCs Test and ODI Teams of the Year
- Virat Kohli was named the captain of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Test and One-Day International (ODI) teams of the year that included four other Indians as well.
- Kohli scored 2,023 runs at 77.80, including eight centuries and three half-centuries in 18 matches during the qualification period.
- He surprisingly pipped Australian skipper Steve Smith for the ICC’s Test team captaincy.
- The Test team also comprises Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravichandran Ashwin.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry