- In a first, Assamese film ‘Rainbow Fields’ to get US release
- After winning numerous awards and acclaim in India and abroad, ‘Xhoixobote Dhemalite’ (Rainbow Fields) by National Award-winning director Bidyut Kotoky has earned yet another feather in its cap as it is all set to be the first Assamese film to be released commercially in the US. The distribution company Media Konnect, through its Cine Grand chain, will screen the film in selected theatres across the country.
- Apart from that, the film has also been selected for the prestigious Winter Film Awards 7th Annual International Film Festival that showcases the work of emerging filmmakers from around the world. The event, which will be held in New York from February 22 to March 3, will screen 93 films of different genres from 31 countries.
- The film, which deals with the psychological journey of kids who grew up during the turbulent period of Assam agitation in the 1980s, is likely to hit theatres in the state in the later half of January.
· China builds World’s Biggest Air Purifier
- China constructed a 330-foot tall air purifying tower dubbed the“world’s biggest air purifier”.
- The tower, which is being tested by researchers, has produced more than 10 million cubic meters of clean air since it was launched.
- The air purification system works through greenhouses covering about half the size of a soccer field around the base of the tower.
- India attends its first SCO military cooperation meeting
- India, for the first time, took part in a meeting of the international military cooperation departments of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) since joining the bloc last year.
- An Indian delegation led by Major General Ajay Seth participated in the meeting in Beijing, which discussed issues of practical cooperation among SCO nations.
- India and Pakistan were admitted last year into the grouping in which China plays an influential role.
- The SCO comprises of China, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India and Pakistan.
- Israeli PM Inaugurates Raisina Dialogue In Delhi
- Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is in India for a 6-day official visit, inaugurated the 3rd annual Raisina Dialogue in New Delhi.
- The Raisina Dialogue is India’s premiere foreign policy and geo-political conference.
- Prime Minister Netanyahu will be the first foreign head of government to speak at the Raisina Dialogue.
- The Raisina Dialogue is jointly organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and the Observer Research Foundation.
- The theme of the Raisina Dialogue this year is ‘Managing Disruptive Transitions: Ideas, Institutions and Idioms’.
· Union Government ends Haj subsidy
- The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs decided to end Haj subsidy from this year as a part of its policy to empower minorities with dignity and without appeasement.
- This decision was taken based on the recommendations of Afzal Amanullah Committee and May 2012 Supreme Court order.
- The Hajj is an annual Islamic pilgrimage to Mecca, the holiest city for Muslims. It is a mandatory religious duty for Muslims that must be carried out.
· Union Government Centre Sanctions Projects over Rs. 10,000 crores in North East for Better Network Connectivity
- The Centre sanctioned projects over 10,000 crorerupees in the North East for better network connectivity.
- Two MoUs have been signed to cover the uncovered areas in the North East including Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Telecommunication Minister Manoj Sinha has been given to upgrade the network connection in border areas.
· NITI Aayog launches first course under GIAN Program on Sustainable Urban Planning
- The NITI Aayog launched the first course on Sustainable Urban planning using remote sensing and Geographic Information System (GIS)at IIT Kanpur.
- This is the first course conducted under Global Initiative on Academic Network (GIAN)Program of Union Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- The course aims to give participants state-of-the-art remote sensing and GIS skills to allow them managing rapidly changing the urban environment of Indian cities.
- Its prime focus is on issues such as water resource management, water pollution, and water treatment facilities.
- 24 hours sports radio channel launched
- India’s first online radio channel dedicated to broadcasting sports content including live updates and chat commentaries 24×7 was launched.
- The internet radio channel, launched by Sports Flashes, will provide special sports programmes, experts comments, sports news and updates for over 400 sports events from around the world including Premier League, IPL and the FIFA World Cup.
· ISRO releases 1st image taken by recently launched satellite
- The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)released the first image captured by its Cartosat-2 series satellite which was launched from Sriharikota on January 12.
- The image shows a part of Indore, Madhya Pradesh with the Holkar Cricket Stadium in the center.
- The Earth-observing satellite, weighing 710 kg, was successfully launched with 30 others aboard a PSLV-C40 rocket, completing 100 Indian satellites in orbit.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022