- ASDMA ready for rescue
- The Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) said it was ready to tackle flow of excess water in the Brahmaputra, which is currently stated to be blocked in Chinese territory because of landslides in Tibet, if it receives notice an hour in advance.
- ASDMA’s reaction came after China said three huge lakes, whose size and volume of water are yet to be ascertained, were formed in the Brahmaputra, locally known as Yarlung Tsangpo, following landslides after a 6.4-magnitude earthquake in Tibet last month.
- The massive accumulation of water has caused concern that if the lakes merge or burst, millions of people residing along the banks of Siang (in Arunachal Pradesh) and Brahmaputra (in Assam) downstream could get affected.
- The State Disaster Response Force, which is used in rescue operations, has 266 personnel, including 165 emergency rescuers and 57 divers.
· China successfully tested its first Photovoltaic road
- China successfully tested its first photovoltaic (solar) highway based on home-grown technology in country’s eastern Shandong province.
- With this, China became the second country in the world to construct a photovoltaic highway.
- China’s photovoltaic highway is constructed using solar panels which have a thin sheet of transparent concrete on top of them, protecting the surface.
· George Weah Elected Liberian President
- Former football star George Weah elected as Liberia’s president.
- The closest rival of Mr. Weah was his opponent Joseph Boakai.
- Weah won the elections with more than 60% of the vote.
- He succeeded Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Africa’s first elected female president, in Liberia’s first democratic handover in decades.
- India ranked 90th among 163 countries in the positive peace index
- Despite the unrest in the last one year, there is an atmosphere of peace in 93rd countries.
- In the ranking released by the Institute of Economics and Peace named Positive Peace Index 2017, India has been ranked 90th among 163 countries.
- Sweden, Switzerland and Finland are the top three countries respectively In the index.
- Haryana becomes first state to offer protected price for vegetables
- Haryana is all set to become the first state in the country to fix a protected price for vegetable crops.
- The farmers will be ensured of protected price for their vegetables under the ‘Bhavantar Bharpai Yojna’ or the price deficit compensation scheme.
- Agriculture Minister Om Prakash Dhankar said the primary objective of this scheme is to ensure that the farmers must not face the distress sale of their produce.
· Pluto Exchange Launches Indias First Bitcoin Trading App
- Cryptocurrency dealer‘Pluto Exchange’announced the launch of India’s first mobile application for transacting in virtual currencies.
- The Pluto Exchange mobile app offers a solution to the coordination problem between payment processors, financial gateways and banks.
- The app would permit a range of transactions, including payments, remittances, business-to-business commerce, supply chain finance, asset management and trading.
- ISRO to launch 31 satellites in a single mission onboard PSLV
- ISRO has announced that it would launch 31 satellites, including India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation space craft, in a single mission onboard its Polar rocket on January 10.
- The mission will be the first Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) mission after the unsuccessful launch of navigation satellite IRNSS-1H in August.
- The mission’s main payload would be India’s Cartosat-2 series earth observation satellite.
- Centre pumps Rs. 7,577 cr into 6 public sector banks
- Coming to the rescue of ailing banks, the Centre has pumped in capital of ₹7,577 crore in various weak public sector banks.
- The government has released Rs. 2,257 crore to Bank of India, which was recently placed under prompt corrective action by the Reserve Bank of India.
- The other big beneficiary of the latest capital infusion round is IDBI Bank, which has received Rs.2,729 crore, sources said.
- Viswanathan Anand wins World Rapid Chess Championship
- Viswanathan Anand lifted the World rapid chess championship in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- The genial genius from Chennai, who defeated Magnus Carlsen of Norway earlier in the tournament, went on to finish on top with 10.5 points at the end of the 15th and final round.
- In the final, Anand beat Russia’s Vladimir Fedoseev to reclaim the title he had won in 2003.
- The women’s title was won by China’s Ju Wenjun.
· GAIL awards major contracts for Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga
- State-run Gas (India) Limited (GAIL) placed orders for another 400-km natural gas pipeline project under ambitious Pradhan Mantri Urja Ganga (PMUG).
- With this, the total pipe supply orders for 2,100 km of Jagdishpur-Haldia & Bokaro-Dhamra Natural Gas Pipeline (JHBDPL) projecthave been placed.
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022