- Assam to provide textbooks to blind students
- The state government will provide free textbooks to visually impaired students of the state.
- The chief minister made the announcement while releasing a guidebook for visually challenged students for competitive examinations.
- He said his government had taken up various programmes aimed at uplifting the lives of the 4.4 lakh ‘divyangs’ (differently abled) in the state.
- Titled ‘An Approach to Competitive Examinations in Braille’, the guidebook is prepared by the State-level Advisory Committee for Students and Youth Welfare
- NASA tests Supersonic Parachute for Mars 2020 mission
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) successfully tested supersonic landing parachute that will be deployed in its Mars rover mission set to launch in 2020.
- The mission will rely on a special parachute to slow spacecraft down as it enters Martian atmosphere at over 5.4 kilometers per second.
- It was first of several tests in support of NASA’s Mars 2020 Mission.
· India and Russia join hands to provide visa free entry for flight crew members
- India and Russia have joined their hands and signed a pact for giving visa-free entry to the crew members of chartered and scheduled flights in both the nations.
- The agreement will facilitate visa-free entry, stay and exit of the crew of aircraft of the designated airlines as well as other aircraft companies operating chartered and scheduled flights in the respective territories on a reciprocal basis. This ease has made the relationship between the two nations more concrete.
- The Visa requirements for crew members are administrative entry restrictions imposed by the countries for the pilot or a member of the crew during a transit.
- The crew visas are associated with the request for permission to enter a country for a short duration and perform the predefined duties in the given areas, distinct from actual formal permission for an alien to enter and remain in the country.
- India becomes second largest fish producing country in the world
- 21st November is celebrated as a World of Fisheries Day worldwide every year.
- In India, which is the second largest fish producing country, the World Fisheries Day is being celebrated from 21st November, 2014 and it is being celebrated for the fourth consecutive year.
- The theme of this year is “2022 ka hai sapnaa…… kisaan ki aay ho duguna – Sankalp se siddhi”.
· India ranks 51 on IMD Talent Rankings
- India ranked 51st among 63 countries on theIMD Talent Rankings in terms of ability to attract, develop and retain talent.
- The annual IMD World Talent Ranking covers 63 countries and assessed methods countries adopted to attract and retain talent.
- Switzerland topped list followed by Denmark, Belgium, Austria, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Germany, Sweden and Luxembourg in top 10.
- Globally, Europe continues to dominate rankings being most competitive countries. Leading Asian economies in rankings are Singapore, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- President inaugurated the 8th Manipur Sangai Festival
- The Honourable President of India, Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the 8th Manipur Sangai Festival 2017.
- The goal of the festival is to double the number of attendees compared to previous festivals held since inception.
- The President also inaugurated the North East Development Summit to develop the North East Region.
· India’s first mission to the Sun to be launched in 2019
- India’s mission to the Sun will be launched in 2019from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- The main aim of the solar mission is to improve our understanding of dynamical processes of the sun and help resolve some outstanding questions in solar physics.
- The satellite carrying six payloads will be launched from Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh on the PSLV- XL launch vehicle.
- It will be launched into the halo orbit around the Lagrangian point 1 (L1) of the Sun-Earth system.
- The second edition of India’s moon mission, Chandrayaan IIis scheduled for launch in March 2018.
- The space agency is aiming to double its satellite launches next year from the current eight to nine annually to 20 every year.
· Brahmos Flight test from IAFs Su-30MKI Fighter Aircraft
- Brahmos, the world’s fastest supersonic cruise missile created history after it was successfully flight-tested first time from the Indian Air Force’s (IAF) frontline fighter aircraft Sukhoi-30MKI against a sea-based target in the Bay of Bengal.
- The successful maiden test firing of BrahmosAir Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) from Su-30MKI will significantly bolster the IAF’s air combat operations capability from stand-off ranges.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes