- Assam government launched Northeast first digital archive
- Assam government today launched the first digital archive of the Northeast at Jyoti Chitraban Film Studio here to preserve films, music, special events, photographs and texts.
- First community news portal of the Northeast was also launched as part of the digital archive which will give a platform to the youngsters and artistically enthusiastic individuals to publish news items, articles and creative writing.
- An official website of Jyoti Chitraban Digital Archive was also launched at the event.
· Jeffrey C Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W Young win 2017 Nobel prize in physiology or medicine
- The Nobel Assembly at Karolinska Institutet decided to award the 2017 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicinejointly to the American trio of Jeffrey C. Hall, Michael Rosbash and Michael W. Young for their discoveries of molecular mechanisms controlling the circadian rhythm.
- The winners will share a prize of 9m Swedish kronor (£825,000), and each receives a medal engraved with their name.
- It is the 108th timethe prize has been awarded and was announced at the Nobel Forum at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.
· Indian Entrepreneur wins UK Business Award for Innovative IT Solutions
- Birendra Sasmal, CEO of Subahwon the International Business Person of the Year at the Asian Achievers Awards in London for turning the company into a thriving IT, telecoms and manufacturing success story with operations across West Africa.
· GIFT City’s IFSC Bags 10th Place in Global Financial Centres Index
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City(GIFT City)’s International Financial Services Centre (IFSC) bagged the 10th spot in the latest edition of Global Financial Centres Index (GFCI),
- The rank is tenth ahead of Luxembourg, Seoul, Abu Dhabi, Toronto and Beijing in the list of the GFCI report, which has 15 centers that are likely to become more significant in the next few years.
- GIFT is operational with approximately 10 leading banks, 8 insurance companies, and participating brokers, and 2 International Exchanges (India INX and NSE IFSC) along with around 100 capital market players have established their base at GIFT IFSC.
· President Ram Nath Kovind appoints Commission to examine sub-categorisation of Other Backward Classes
- President Ram Nath Kovind appointed a Commission to examine the sub-categorization of the Other Backward Classes(OBCs).
- The sub-categorization of the OBCs will ensure that the more backward among the OBC communities can also access the benefits of reservation for educational institutions and government jobs.
- The Commission will examine the extent of inequitable distribution of benefits of reservation among the castes or communities included in the broad category of OBCs with reference to such classes included in the Central List.
- Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurates Pratham-Shyok bridge in Leh
- Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated the Pratham-Shyok bridge that will link Leh to Karakoram, providing connectivity on the strategically important Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Olde axis for military transport.
- The bridge is a major development on the Shyok Gong river which will enhance travel of locals as well as the Army in this strategic region.
- It will increase travel and communication for strategic transport, the Minister said.
- The third edition of ‘Women of India Organic Festival’
- To celebrate and promote women entrepreneurs and farmers in the organic sector from across India, the Ministry of Women and Child Development is hosting the 3rd annual ‘Women of India Organic Festival’ from October 1st to 15th, 2017, in New Delhi.
- Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Union Minister for Women and Child Development, inaugurated the festival in the presence of Shri Virendra Kumar, Minister of State, Ministry of Women and Child Development, on October 1 at Dilli Haat (INA).
- With the theme ‘Good for Women; Good for India; Good for You’, the Ministry intends to highlight the health and environmental advantages of organic goods, provide a platform for women engaged in it and boost the development of sustainable and easily accessible sales outlets for women producers from the remotest corners of India.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2022 Tests and Notes Program 2022
- APSC Prelims Exam 2022- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2022 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes 2022