- Assam mulls medical quota for Myanmar, Bhutan students.
- Assam health and education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said the state government is working on a plan to reserve seats for students from Myanmar and Bhutan in state’s medical colleges to boost ties with the two neighbouring countries.
- The minister said about 20 to 25 seats in state’s medical colleges will also be kept for students from other NE states as well. The move comes after MBBS students from Meghalaya were denied admission in Assam’s medical colleges following changes in admission rules.
- India and Sri Lanka Begin Joint Naval Exercise SLINEX 2017
- Indian Navy and Sri Lankan Navy begin the 2017 Sri Lanka-India Exercise (SLINEX) at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The biennial Joint Indo-Lanka Maritime Fleet Exercisewill conclude on 14th September.
- It paves the way for operational effectiveness through a common understanding of neighboring Navies.
- It mainly emphasis on maintaining effective maritime security in the region by integrating forces through cooperation, coordination, and collaboration leading to a mutual understanding of limitations and capabilities, to enhance service interoperability and system compatibility in countering challenges.
- Nestle Sets up First Food Safety Institute in India.
- The newFood Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI) CEO Pawan Kumar Agarwal inaugurated the Nestle Food Safety Institute in Manesar, Gurugram.
The partnerships with private parties on food safety and standards are an imperative for FSSAI.
It is an effort to implement a first world regulatory ecosystem in India.
The company is working with Nestle India for setting up the institute at Manesar.
- International Literacy Day is observed on September 8th
- The International Literacy Day (ILD) is being observed every year on 8 September to emphasize the importance of literacy to individuals, society.
- The theme of UNESCO for the year 2017 is `Literacy in a digital world’.
- This year it is 51st International Literacy Day.
- The main aim is to mobilize public opinion in favour of struggle against illiteracy.
- The day was established in 1966 by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- India’s first Hyperloop to come up in Andhra Pradesh.
- India’s first Hyperloop project will come up in Andhra Pradesh connecting its city centres, Vijayawada and Amaravati.
- Andhra Pradesh Economic Development Board (APEDB) inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Hyperloop Transportation Technologies (HTT) for developing the project.
- Hyperloop Technology is brainchild idea of technology entrepreneur Elon Musk who dubs it as the fifth mode of transportation.
- It is a system of magnetically levitating capsules (pods) that are sent at high speeds through low-pressure tubes.
- India’s Sonam wins Gold in Cadet World Wrestling Championship
- India’s Sonam 43 kilogram weight categorywins Gold in Cadet World Wrestling Championship.
- Wrestler Neelam also bagged Bronze Medal in the 43-kilogram weight category.
- Meanwhile, Four other wrestlers Simran, Manisha, Minakshi, Karuna will also fight for Bronze Medal in different weight categories.
- Nagaland to implement DBT under MGNREGA.
- Nagaland starts implementing Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) beginning from the current financial year.
- Presently, 46,894 active MGNREGA workers have opened their bank accounts linked with Aadhar and are ready for DBT.
- A total of 1.79 lakh MGNREGA workers have been verified with Aadhar and being processed for an opening bank account.
- Currently, there is 4.25 lakh active job cards with 5.82 lakh active MGNREGA workers in the state.
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry