- Assam forest dept deploys excavators to evict illegal encroachers.
- Assam forest department deployed 20 elephants and excavators to evict 1400 families that have been encroaching upon Amchang Wildlife Sanctuary on the northeastern fringe of Guwahat. The sanctuary is spread over 78.64 sq km.
- As a precautionary measure against possible protest by the encroachers, a huge contingent of police, forest and security forces personnel have also deployed at Batahghuli area of the sanctuary where the eviction process has started.
- A forest department official said that so far there has been no protest from people and the eviction drive is likely to continue for at least five days.
- Microsoft Launches ‘Project Brainwave’ for Real-Time AI.
- Software giant Microsoft announced its ‘Project Brainwave’ deep learning acceleration platform for real-time artificial intelligence (AI).
- The ‘Project Brainwave’ uses the massive field-programmable gate array (FPGA) infrastructure that Microsoft has been deploying over the past few years.
- Real-time AI is becoming increasingly important as cloud infrastructures process live data streams, whether they be search queries, videos, sensor streams, or interactions with users.
- Android Oreo released by Google
- Google launched its version 8.0 of the operating system as Android Oreo.
- The Oreo boasts of a two times faster boot speed, autofill option, and a longer battery life.
- The new update comes with a Picture-in-Picture feature that allows the user to see two apps simultaneously.
- Google is also making it easier to log into different apps, extending the autofill feature currently available on the website, to apps. The much-awaited Android instant apps, which can be accessed right from the browser without requiring installation, are also set to take off with Android Oreo.
· Union Cabinet renames SAMPADA Scheme as PMKSY
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the renaming of the new Central Sector Scheme- SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) as “Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)” for the period of 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle.
- The new scheme was approved by the Central Government in the month of May.
- The objective of PMKSY is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease Agri-Waste.
- The implementation of PMKSY will result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It will provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country.
- It will help in providing better prices to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers’ income.
- It will create huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas.
- Karnataka ties up with Microsoft to develop India’s first Farm Price Forecasting Model
ð Karnataka Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with software giant Microsoft India to develop a unique price forecasting model.
ð The proposed initiative is claimed to be the first-of-its-kind in the country.
ð The farm price forecasting model will use latest IT tools in a bid to help farmers, administrators, and other stakeholders to understand market behavior.
- Coast Guard Ship ‘Varuna’ Decommissioned.
- Indian Coast Guard ship ‘Varuna’ decommissioned with full armed forces honours after an illustrious service spanning about 30 years, in a traditional military ceremony held at the naval base,Kochi.
- The ceremony was presided over by Inspector General K R Nautiyal, Commander, Coast Guard Region (West).
- ICGS Varuna was fourth of its series, known as Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) and built by Mazagaon Dock, Mumbai.
- Odisha Government launches Rooftop Solar Project.
- Odisha Government launched a grid-connected rooftop solar programme through the net-metering system at the State Secretariat in the capital city of Bhubaneshwar.
- The program mainly aims at harnessing renewable solar capacity through people’s participation to further strengthen the grid and reduce power losses.
- The program is being implemented by Odisha Renewable Energy Development Agency(OREDA)
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry