- The survey showed a decline in the labor force participation <for men, women or both?>
- Female LFP has declined as per all the three criteria (usual, weekly and daily status) in rural and urban areas as compared to 2004-05
- Even among urban males, there is a decline in the rates as per the usual and weekly status, though the daily status work participation rate shows an improvement.
- Only the rural males reported an increased participation in the labour market in terms of all the three criteria
- The decline in the work participation rate of females can stem from their increased participation in education and withdrawal from petty or subsidiary activities.
- Women may withdraw from principal activities if male earnings improve considerably
- Apart from the supply side (from labour point of view) factors driving this decline there are other factors as well
- Other factors
- Decline in the demand for labour?
- Underemployment or disguised unemployment might have declined in the urban areas
- Lack of rural diversification
APSC Notes brings Prelims and Mains programs for APSC Prelims and APSC Mains Exam preparation. Various Programs initiated by APSC Notes are as follows:-
- APSC Mains 2020 Tests and Notes Program
- APSC Prelims Exam 2020- Test Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Prelims and Mains 2020 Tests Series and Notes Program
- Apsc Detailed Complete Prelims Notes
For any doubt, Just leave us a Chat or Fill us a querry